Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats with the Attack ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats with the Attack ?

I use Firefox web browser, and this site has started showing up as a potential attack site, it has just started tonight, I am posting this in the hope that the site owner will check this out.
    Personally I am not too worried, I go to much worse places than this :-|
    But the site owner might want to look into this and other users should keep an eye on their security.
    I'll still be coming here for all the great info and advice.

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed that the site has been acting a little werid tonight myself and I am using Windows 7 with Explorer running Norton. Ran updates this afternoon on everything as a double check. Got this computer in Jan 2010 and I have everything set to the max. I can't afford this laptop going down.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny reading your quote at the bottom of your post. I was at Stockton scouting for hogs, so had my rifle over my shoulder, ther were some huge carp just rolling right at the shore, it was tempting to take a pop at them :-).... but No, I didn't

Post Thanks / Like

Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Google Chrome report
    Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for crappie.com

What is the current listing status for crappie.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 165 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 6 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-08-31, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-31.
    Malicious software includes 1 scripting exploit(s), 1 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 6 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 4 domain(s), including intrust.cc/, vicereader.in/, dedata.in/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including delecatos.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS46475 (LIMESTONENETWORKS).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, crappie.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
    Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Post Thanks / Like

Posted by slab late last night:

I'm fixing the issue. Yes, crappie.com was injected with malware. I've removed all the offending files, and have requested that google rerun their detection software to get me off their list. Their software that sends you that error message seems to communicate with Firefox only, so IE users don't get that error.

From what I've found so far, you all don't have anything to worry about. The attack hit a folder deep withing the Crappie Directory. You would have had to look at an entries downloaded documents to actually even get to this infected file, and even if you did view it, we don't know that it could have caused any issues for your computer. Besides, it likely was from a user that was not even yet approved by me in the directory, so you never even could have viewed those documents. It likely was a spambot that registered automatically in the Crappie Directory, and just downloaded files where it could. I'll put the Crappie Business directory back online later, after I figure out some more details.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    I Personally I am not too worried, I go to much worse places than this :-|
    But the site owner might want to look into this and other users should keep an eye on their security.
    I'll still be coming here for all the great info and advice.
    Yep....ya got to keep coming here....after a day or two without Crappie.com you will start to get the heebie jeebies. :D
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mduncan62!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks slab/and duncan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I appreciate your attention and speed in getting this resolved.
    Good job guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast