Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this worth??

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is this worth??

Took a look at a boat wallago. Older basstracker. Looked to be 16'. I do not know the year of the boat but as per model number on the outboard it is a 1978. I would say the boat is probably the same...but do not know the when bass tracker started making the "bass boat" style. Engine looks to be in good shape....asume it runs. Hull is in good shape...although all rivets are siliconed...although I'm sure most around are. The inside is okay...ALL the wood will have to be replaced. Has a WELL used but in decent shape MinnKota Maxxum...would not work though...figure battery dead. Prop in good shape...boat not abused...just from the time of wood in aluminum. Motor is a Johnson 35hp...as said its a 78 model. Trailer in fair shape too...about like the rest of the boat....not abused....just old and weathered. No electronics from what I saw. Seats not tore but vinyl tough..probably would crack soon. Have not spoker to anyone....just stopped and looked.

Now for the question....I'm in South Arkansas and boats go for more of a premium around here...what would that boat be worth...not telling the price...want to see what you guys say. I'm thinking he is quite high...but wondering what you guys think. Back deck is bowed up from the wood rotting. Like I said all the wood will have to be gutted.

:D
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

No pic included.

Post Thanks / Like

no I didn't get any pics sorry....just trying to get a ball park of what people think...you'd think the moderator of the mechanics forum would take pictures huh?? lol.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming the MK Maxxum works well and it's 24V, I'd say $300. $200 if 12V.

Seriously, assuming the motor runs and the trailer and tires are in good shape and Anything norht of 1K is laughable. No point in spending money for a project when there are so many water ready boats out there. I'd be more inclined to agree to an actual price of $500. and then salvage what's on the boat for another project. Those siliconed rivets are always going to be a problem and most likely can't be cleaned up for a proper welding.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

IF----IF the motor is ingreat shape----400 tops.
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

Bout like your name IT IS A SCRAPPER- straight to the scrap heap!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fixable if you replace all the wood, carpet, batteries, seats, adding electronics, fixing any leaking rivets, maybe adding bearings and tires to trailer before long, cleaning carb, replacing sparkplug, any broken wires (from aging), etc., etc.

You could have a small fortune in it if you arent careful. I'd pay what the motor and trailer was worth if I wanted it (around $500-$600 tops) if I wanted that hassle. I'd much rather look for something in the $2000 range to get alot better start.:rolleyes::o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I like redoing stuff so the bad parts do not bother me. I've redone a few boats...but I was just wondering what you guys thought on the worth...lol. I have put small fortunes in boats just ask agrihawg...always loose my rear...lol. Never priced aluminum boats though.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to find you another one like that first Ranger you bought! You'll put a lot more money in this boat you're looking at and you won't get close to what you had.

Patience grasshopper.....patience.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

Besides, I thought you were wanting a party barge for the whole family? You should be able to find a couple of junkers you could combine and fix.
    J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast