Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kentucky Lake - "the ledges"

crappienewsman Guest

Default Kentucky Lake - "the ledges"

Hey guys,

Two weeks ago I fished the West Sandy area pretty hard and picked up 10 decent keepers. As I was taking out, I talked to another guy who had a nice mess that he caught at "the ledges". My pride prevented me from asking exactly where they were. I'd heard about them all my life. I'm certainly willing to swallow my pride online. Can anyone tell me what area "the ledges" are in and how to go about finding them?

Thanks,

crappienewsman

Post Thanks / Like

Default ledges

Crappienewsman,
    When they talk about the "ledges" the are generally talking about the main lake ledges. It's basically a drop off from shallower water to deeper water. Think of it as stepping off a ledge or a curb as you walk down a sidewalk. Crappie tend to relate to the area of the ledge where they can access deep water and shallow. Sometimes they are on the shallow side and sometimes they are on the deeper side. 1Weezer may post and add his .02 cents for whatever it is worth. As much as I hate to admit it he is the best ledge fisherman I've seen. I would never tell him though.HAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by crappienewsman
    Hey guys,

Two weeks ago I fished the West Sandy area pretty hard and picked up 10 decent keepers. As I was taking out, I talked to another guy who had a nice mess that he caught at "the ledges". My pride prevented me from asking exactly where they were. I'd heard about them all my life. I'm certainly willing to swallow my pride online. Can anyone tell me what area "the ledges" are in and how to go about finding them?

Thanks,

crappienewsman

crappienewsman Guest

Default Thanks

Thanks alot... I was pretty sure that's where they were referring to, but I wanted to know before I spent a day trying to find them. The big water of the main lake can be a little intimidating if you don't know for sure you are in the right place.

Thanks again,

Crappienewsguy