Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wth?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wth?

Why does this subject have it's own forum? Belongs in the main forum, might rate a sticky. Other than that, the EPA stated within the last week that they did not have the power to regulate lead in Hunting and Fishing.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    Why does this subject have it's own forum?
    I was wondering the same thing.

I guess there's still hope for my "Mormon, Left-Handed Dentists Who Crappie Fish" forum.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess because the owner of this site wants it that way.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    Why does this subject have it's own forum? Belongs in the main forum, might rate a sticky. Other than that, the EPA stated within the last week that they did not have the power to regulate lead in Hunting and Fishing.
    It has its own (temporary) forum because many of us misread the early reports the way you stated. We won as hunters, but are about to lose as fishermen.

EPA DID state that it lacks the power to regulate lead in bullets and shot. That's because the Second Amendment protects our right to bear arms and the NRA was all over EPA for trying to restrict our gun rights through the back door.

EPA also stated that fishing tackle isn't protected by the Second Amendment and it plans to proceed with the ban on jigs, sinkers, and other tackle containing lead. If we don't stand up and fight this, start cleaning out your tackle box. If you pour jigs or any other type of tackle, that will be history, too.
    Fishing since '50!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's a serious subject for those of us who pour our own. Just the cost difference in materials is a hindrance to those of us who don't make a lot of money.

My own state has a partial ban on some things but jigs are okay so far, we've been fighting it with the fact that we powder paint and lead isn't leaching through it.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I pour my own jigs and splitshots and up to 8oz egg sinkers. Been doing it since I was 14 and haven't acted like GCD yet. I've got enough lead and access to lead that I don't think I'll worry about any new laws concerning lead. I also have one friend with about 400lbs of lead pipe that I can get and another friend that has at least 40 lead blocks used in building xray rooms. Maybe those of us over 50 could get grandfathered in?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe this as a forum. I love this site, But this is way crazy. We have used lead forever.Not saying it is not important but this is not the most pressing adjenda. I am sure there are more important matters of conservation then lead sinkers.
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bttmline View Post
    I can't believe this as a forum. I love this site, But this is way crazy. We have used lead forever.Not saying it is not important but this is not the most pressing adjenda. I am sure there are more important matters of conservation then lead sinkers.
    I, too, would rather be talking about fishing, but if we do nothing a lead ban's going to be jammed down our throats. I've poured jigs & sinkers for 40 years & don't want to stop. There may be more important conservation matters, but this one's going to do the most harm to my fishing experience in the near future. The only chance of stopping this is to speak out. By speaking as a group, our objections will be taken more seriously. We have until 9/15 to knock this out before it's elevated to a proposed regulation.
    Fishing since '50!

Post Thanks / Like

Default tire weights next

OK why are they not worried about tire weights, I'll bet there are more pounds of tire weights out there leeching lead into ground water than all the sinkers and jigs every used