Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: umbrella rigs for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default umbrella rigs for crappie

the local tackle shop sells 4 arm rigs for crappie, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them. i plan on picking one up to give i a try

Post Thanks / Like

I picked one up this fall. Tipped the jigs with minnows and drifted. Cought a couple perch but thats all so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    the local tackle shop sells 4 arm rigs for crappie, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with them. i plan on picking one up to give i a try
    I would like to try a couple of them but have been unable to find them in my area. What does that tackle shop charge for them? Are they well made? Could you post a picture of them?
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question "umbrella trolling unit"

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    Are you talking about the wire trolling setup, like they use for Stripers ? I would think you would have to have a heavy pound test main line & stout rod/reel outfit to use something like that. That would take all the fight (thrill??) out of reeling in the fish wouldn't it ?? Though, I guess it would be a "thrill" to pull in 4 slabs at once .... LOL!! ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

the tackle shop wants 10 bucks. they have 4 arms and are around 12 inch across each arm tipped with a jig head and 1 in the center. just like the ones for striper but much smaller