Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Harris 8/28

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harris 8/28

Started out tightlining minnows and jigs about 230pm. Tried a few points and the main lake but didn't have any luck. About 530 we moved to the power line pilings and beagn to pick up a few. They wouldn't hit jigs - only minnows.

Anchored up near a piling at dark, put out the lights and had steady action until about midnight when we packed it up and heading for the house. Mostly short fish but had times when we couldn't keep but one rod per person in the water. Brought home 6 fish 10" or better.

Lost the big fish of the day over the side when he flopped out of my hand. I was holding him over the side to keep him from bleeding in the boat. Won't make that mistake again :o. He wasn't hurt too bad so maybe we can catch him another day.

Had some good laughs and fellowship with three guys on a pontoon anchored nearby. They were grilling bratwurst and chicken legs and washing them down with a few adult beverages. They were from down around Sanford and were planning on spending the night on the lake to avoid driving home if you know what I mean. Great guys - if you see an older model pontoon with "Whiskers" on the side on Jordan or Harris, stop and say hello. Who knows, they might offer to share their brats with ya! Look for the tiki torches and the grill.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Default 08/28

Sounds like you had a good time. I hate I missed it. I had to take a weekend off. I should be back in the saddle this coming weekend if all goes as planned. The following weekend as well. I have a buddy coming to town that weekend and we generally fish on Friday night when he comes.
    We may do a Saturday night instead of Friday. Let me know which night you plan on going.

Darin

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like ya'll had fun, I was out there Friday night and had a blast too.