Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seafoam

Post Thanks / Like

Default seafoam

if you were like me, ya hear about "the mechanic in a can" and the magic it preforms. well i just ran some through my zuki, as a last ditch effort before taking it to the wrench. i had let it sit for a month without additive in it and it was running rough. put it in saturday and hooked the hose to it. i would go out about every three hours, and it would run a little better every time. let it run for about ten minutes each time. it still has a little shutter to it at idle but it is 90% better. if this has fixed my problem, i will never run one again without some being in my tank.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLEMAN View Post
    if you were like me, ya hear about "the mechanic in a can" and the magic it preforms. well i just ran some through my zuki, as a last ditch effort before taking it to the wrench. i had let it sit for a month without additive in it and it was running rough. put it in saturday and hooked the hose to it. i would go out about every three hours, and it would run a little better every time. let it run for about ten minutes each time. it still has a little shutter to it at idle but it is 90% better. if this has fixed my problem, i will never run one again without some being in my tank.
    i hope you are using sta-bil ethanol treatment as well because gas with 10%ethanol can mess your motor up as well.

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

simple.. sort of off subject but you think that stuff would work in a lawn mower? I think mine may have fallen victum...

Post Thanks / Like

use mine in everything; weed wacker, lawn mower, my wife's little toy in the drawer next to the bed, ....... oh nevermind!
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

toy ! what's that? BIG RED with twin mercury's on the back ilmao

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxingref_rick View Post
    use mine in everything; weed wacker, lawn mower, my wife's little toy in the drawer next to the bed, ....... oh nevermind!
    You mean BOB?.......Battery Operated Boyfriend :D
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOAT View Post
    simple.. sort of off subject but you think that stuff would work in a lawn mower? I think mine may have fallen victum...
    rb i just read on the can. says it will work in about anything. sure can't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Simple I run it thru every thing that runs on gas several times a year. I buy it by the gallon.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Simpleman, I'm not sure what problems you are having with your suzuki, but let me tell you what happend to my 2003 115 4 stroke. While at the beach it would not accelerate. Ran like it was starving for gas. Come to find out it was the pick up pump on the rear of the engine that developed a tear in the diaphram, and allowed gas to enter the engine and ended up in the crankcase. A quick way to check this is pull the dipstick and smell it for gas or look to see if it is overfull. The mechanic said ethanol was the culprit and recommended stabill of seafoam. Seafoam also decarbonizes engines very well. Hope this helps.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Great stuff use the ethanol treatment too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast