Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Berkley Powerbait Minnow

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Berkley Powerbait Minnow

LandBigFish - Berkley Power Bait Minnow

Just ran across this over at LandBigFish.com. This is different and less expensive than the Gulp minnows. I predict this will be a crappie crusher. 2,3 and 4 inches.

They had a different powerbait minnow, but this one is designed like the gulp but with the powerbait material.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

yep i have seen those and they look pretty good

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the perch will go for them on Lake erie. There always seems to be a shortage of emerald shiners at the baitshops this time of year. If these work, they'll make a lot of money at LBF selling these in our NW PA area.

Post Thanks / Like

Since perch hit pretty much anything I'm sure they will work. I'm not sure but they look to have the same body style as the Gulp Alive minnows with the difference being it's made out of Powerbait instead of Gulp, and where the Gulp comes in 2.5 inches and 1 inch this baits small size is 2 inches. I don't really get the reason why the Gulp cost so much more in the same packaging.

I'm not sure, but I think they may have redone the powerbait power grub as well. They look molded a little different and have more colors.
    Good things come to those who bait.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered a couple packs to try. I'll give a report after i use them next week sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks a lot like one of my favorite bass baits, the Zoom Super Fluke and I get the feeling maybe the regular Fluke or their (new to me) 3" Tiny Fluke. I fish the Super Fluke on bare hook and not weight, you can make it do a lot of little tricks, like jump out of the water. I would bet the Tiny Fluke would also be very good and like I said this new Berkly Power Minnow looks a lot like the Fluke Zoom has been making a long time.

I have a lot of faith when I tie on a Super Fluke going after bass for fun and not sure I feel anything will put fish in the boat like they will. So maybe it's time to try the Tiny Fluke on Crappie for me anyway.

Here are the Fluke family at the same site you linked here.
    LandBigFish - Zoom Flukes

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    I wonder if the perch will go for them on Lake erie. There always seems to be a shortage of emerald shiners at the baitshops this time of year. If these work, they'll make a lot of money at LBF selling these in our NW PA area.
    YEARS ago, I was stationed at Great Lakes Naval Training Center on Lake Michigan. I used chartreuse jigs with the meat from a crayfish tail on the hook and we would haul in Perch all day most every day with that combo.