Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 degree water?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 50 degree water?

Teh water here is 50 degrees. Do you think the crappie will move up shallow with the sun out and temps warming?
    Hi temp of aorund 60 degrees.:D
    Will try it out in the am. Spider rigging and fish a few docks.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Any warming trend will get them scouting around the shallows for a place to spawn. Here in the past when we've had surface temps in the low to mid 40s and the water warmed up 3 or 4 degrees over a couple days we have found a few in the shallows this time of year. This year 48 is about as cold as we have seen but I expect if the water warms to the low to mid 50s for a few days we'll be finding a few in the shallows. We've checked a few times recently but haven't found any shallow here yet.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Water temps on Beaver have also been about 48 degrees. I have found good numbers of fish moving into shallow brush on sun filled banks with a little stain to the water. The keeper to non keeper ratio has been 3 dinks to one keeper unfortunatley! But none the less fish are biting!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Shilohred,
    That's a good question. It has been quite warm here in South Louisiana. I would think with our often dirty and very stained water that the crappie would be moving into the shallows pretty soon. Everything I've read said that the crappie spawn with the water temperatures and light penetration and that dirty waters warm faster than clear.

Its been so hot and the waters so dirty them crappie are probably siting on the bank in a lawn chair by now (LOL)
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys.
    Also Deacon the water here looked like mud last Thursday and today they are still stained. so watch out lake..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, do ya believe - Bay Springs actually had a little "color" to it yesterday Still liked quite a bit being able to call it muddy, had to
    look closer than normal to see the bottom of your skeg with the motor full
    down:D
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White
    Pete, do ya believe - Bay Springs actually had a little "color" to it yesterday Still liked quite a bit being able to call it muddy, had to
    look closer than normal to see the bottom of your skeg with the motor full
    down:D
    Jeff it would take 500000000000000000000000000000 gallons of mud to just give that place a little color.LOL
    Come on to pickwick in the morning and we will fish a while. Dod not say catch but fish.. :D
    Sure hope to catch supper tomorrow. Plan on fishing the river channels.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

the water temp here never got below 53 degrees this year. Our water is clear to very lightly stained. I have tried fishing the shallow creeks since I've heard about all the creek fish being caught. I've struck out more often than I've caught. I guess our fish don't understand that they are supposed to be up a creek.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

they moved back in the creek (buffalo) last week here in n.c. fished buggs island fri had real good luck with bout 3 dozen eaters..titelinin 8-10 ft in 10 -16 ft of water ...jigs and minnows!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Shiloh .....

how'd you do ?? .............. cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast