Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Rig

I am trying to set up my boat for trolling and looking to purchase some long telescoping rods/reels. The long telescoping rods with guides are pretty hard to find. I found some 12' telescoping poles on Cabela's but can't find 8' 10' 14' 16'. Any suggestions where I could get some at the best price??? Also, does anyone have any luck trolling this time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try grizzly jig

Santa brougt me 2 8' 2 9' 2 10' and 2 14' I think that St. Valitine is bring me 2 12'. Grizzly has a big selection. They are also very helpful.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

BPS has them. I use the 13 footers and have had them for 5 years. Great rods.

Click on the pic for more info.

The Annual Spring Fishing Classic Sale will be on soon and they are normaly $5 cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the BnM Slow Troller at Cabellas. You will find it under Pan Fish Rods in the fishing section. They look like the BPS Uncle Bucks, but I think they may be a little cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

I guess I should have specified but I'm looking for rods with guides and a reel mount. I don't think the uncle buck's has them.

Post Thanks / Like

I made the guides for mine out of paper clips. Works great but you have to leave the rods out. Can't close them back up.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVCRAPPIEFISHIN
    I guess I should have specified but I'm looking for rods with guides and a reel mount. I don't think the uncle buck's has them.
    Yes, they do. I posted the link to ones called the DELUXE that have seats and guides.

Post Thanks / Like

Try giving "Monk" a call from Wateree Marina on Lake Wateree in South Carolina. Last time I was in there he had them from 10' to 20' all telescoping. He's located on Highway 97 where the highway crosses the lake. Good guy too. He's like the rest of us fishermen.... You can tell he's lying if his mouth is moving. Give "Rango" a holler on the SC forem this site. He might have the phone number for you. Every time he goes to Clearwater Cove, he has to pass right by the place. Good Luck.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Post Thanks / Like

The ones that "HOOKED" referred to also have a seat and guides and like he said they are a little cheaper than BPS.

Click on the picture for more info.

Post Thanks / Like

B&M Pole Company has several styles.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast