Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fisher Pro Hawk 18' ..Good/Bad comments?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fisher Pro Hawk 18' ..Good/Bad comments?

My oldest son and I went to the Louisville Boat Show yesterday and this boat was the best buy for the money we thought with what came on it. He priced a 90 2-stroke motor, 24 volt trolling motor, 3 batteries, 2 depthfinders, boat cover, and spare tire for around 17,000 tax included. I don't know anyone that owns a Fisher boat so is that a fair price or not?

Other aluminum boats were just as high or in some cases much higher. Alot of different styles and configurations from many manufactures to choose from. This boat does have alot of storage front and rear and some really nice seats to sit in.

My personal favorite was the Crestliner Tournament Pro 192 with 200 Optimax. That is a very nice boat. It listed in the upper 20's and it was a dual winshield boat that was loaded with everything you'd want.

Lots of boats to look at and some were way more than I make in a year.

We had a good time yesterday. Don't get to see the oldest very often. He's busy and so am I. We usually meet at the lake when ever he can come up with the kids. His wife is a registered nurse and she works alot of crazy hours so getting together is sometimes hard to do.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2004 Lowe Stinger 180W with a 90hp johnson plus everything else you mentioned on it. You should look at this thing before you buy! I hate to carry on about the Lowe so much but I love the room and fishability of the boat.

Is the boat you looked at all welded or rivited? Go with the welded if possible.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Wiskers,

What's up?...I was looking at the Lowes 175 Stinger Crappie edition one...I really like it...It is $11,600 with a 50hp 2 stroke...It does have a lot of space and really wide....Only problem I would have with it...Is how to get some pole holders on the side of the boat....I told the salesman this and said no crappie fisherman fish from the side of the boat with rod holders..He kind of made me mad...Because, I am the customer he should work with me to try to satisfy me with what I want..

Jeremy
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Smile new boat

Take a look at E-bay, you could buy a very nice Glass boat for 17,000.00 or less! I've had three of each (glass, aluminium) and I'm convinced that glass is the way to go. Just an opinoin.

Post Thanks / Like

FisherMarine makes a good boat.

Go with the 4 stroke engine if he can afford it.
    Gasoline prices are being predicted to go way way up.

People that invest billions of dollars and who are smarter than me are predicting this. I hope that they are wrong but who knows.

If Iran acts up all h*ll could break loose.

I just hope the dealer works well with you after the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana
    My oldest son and I went to the Louisville Boat Show yesterday and this boat was the best buy for the money we thought with what came on it. He priced a 90 2-stroke motor, 24 volt trolling motor, 3 batteries, 2 depthfinders, boat cover, and spare tire for around 17,000 tax included. I don't know anyone that owns a Fisher boat so is that a fair price or not?

Other aluminum boats were just as high or in some cases much higher. Alot of different styles and configurations from many manufactures to choose from. This boat does have alot of storage front and rear and some really nice seats to sit in.

My personal favorite was the Crestliner Tournament Pro 192 with 200 Optimax. That is a very nice boat. It listed in the upper 20's and it was a dual winshield boat that was loaded with everything you'd want.

Lots of boats to look at and some were way more than I make in a year.

We had a good time yesterday. Don't get to see the oldest very often. He's busy and so am I. We usually meet at the lake when ever he can come up with the kids. His wife is a registered nurse and she works alot of crazy hours so getting together is sometimes hard to do.

Larry
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-31-2006 at 08:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, I bought the Fisher Pro Hawk 170 about 13 months ago. I got the 90hp Optimax, 2 depth finders and onboard charger. This is the first boat I have ever owned. I am not satisfied at all with the boat. I havent had any major problems, but so many little problems that it has aggrevated me. My seats came apart not long after I got it, and have came apart again since being fixed. My trolling motor mount has came loose. My wiring has shorts in it and sometimes my lights and depthfinders wont work. There have been other problems that I cant think of right now. The only thing I have been satisfied with is the motor. I gave 17,200 for it and wouldnt give 10,000 for it if I had it to do over. The Optimax I think is a little too heavy and the back end sits real low. it kinda scares me sometimes and any weight difference in the boat really throws it off badly. I was told after I bought the boat by another dealer that the Fisher was the same boat as the tracker but just a little more upscale. I didnt believe it until I compared them. He was right, and I could have saved quite a bit of money because the tracker was priced cheaper but was actually really the same boat. This has been my experience with Fisher and if I'm ever fortunate enough to get another new boat, it wont be a Fisher

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll pass this along to my son

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Larry, I bought the Fisher Pro Hawk 170 about 13 months ago. I got the 90hp Optimax, 2 depth finders and onboard charger. This is the first boat I have ever owned. I am not satisfied at all with the boat. I havent had any major problems, but so many little problems that it has aggrevated me. My seats came apart not long after I got it, and have came apart again since being fixed. My trolling motor mount has came loose. My wiring has shorts in it and sometimes my lights and depthfinders wont work. There have been other problems that I cant think of right now. The only thing I have been satisfied with is the motor. I gave 17,200 for it and wouldnt give 10,000 for it if I had it to do over. The Optimax I think is a little too heavy and the back end sits real low. it kinda scares me sometimes and any weight difference in the boat really throws it off badly. I was told after I bought the boat by another dealer that the Fisher was the same boat as the tracker but just a little more upscale. I didnt believe it until I compared them. He was right, and I could have saved quite a bit of money because the tracker was priced cheaper but was actually really the same boat. This has been my experience with Fisher and if I'm ever fortunate enough to get another new boat, it wont be a Fisher

He took his wife and kids out to the boat show last night and when he called me he was looking at deep V models with the same Horsepower. She liked those much better, boat is deeper for the little ones they have, you can get a top on one much easier to keep the sun off of you and they will take the rough water much better. She really liked the 19' Alumacraft from what he was telling me. I believe it had a 150 4 stroke yamaha on it. I've told him he needs to wait after the boat show late feb. in Indy to buy one cause they have a much better selection of fishing boats especially deep V models to choose from.

Thanks for the info.......Larry