Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ted

wondering if you've been to LOZ lately. thinking of heading up sometime in the next few days.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, was down there sat 10/16 fished out of purvis beach area. Fishing with the partner, fishing was some what tough. The wind seemed to be blow from all directions all day. Found most of our fish around docks in 20-15 over brush, All fish was caught on jigs. I will be back down there sat again, you have any luck?
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default About the same for us on 10/16 too!

We put in @ Purvis too. We ran up past Proctor, but should not of. The better bite was closer to Purvis. Our best fish were caught about 3' deep early, then we caught smaller(less than 10") all day long between 10- 20' with most hitting right at 16' in the channels. Wind definitely messed our fishing up! The fish were really feeding heavily on Shad. Most of the ones we caught already had bulging bellies by 10am. Try White & Chartreuse early. Hair was a better producer than tubes! :D

Full baskets to ya! <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,

We put in at lighthouse right next to purvis, saves 3 bucks on launching. But there parking spaces sucks if its busy. What time did you pull out of purvis? We got out around 4:30-5. I drove over there after we pulled out to see if there was anyone that we knew. I drive a silver dodge with a white/blue charger with a merc. I would sure love to see consveration put a ramp in some where around that area. 5 to 8 bucks to launch a boat is crazy, I always thought 3 bucks that corp charges was bad, but wow. The bite was best around purvis and white and chart, seemed to be the best bait. Never tried any hair jigs and minnow couldnt get you a bit either. My buddy went monday and did better than we did sat. You said your best fish was at 3'? or was you meaning 30'? We had most of our luck at docks, but according to him yesterday bluffs was better. Never fails as the saying goes "you should have been here yesterday!"
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adam?

Wondering if you was goin to be back down there this weekend? I will be down there on Sat fishing a club tournament. Just hope the lake doesnt turn over soon, should be some nice weather. You fishing up in the nigania arm? just to let you know some of the resorts have put out beds. Look for painted wood fish nailed to the trees or painted strip on the rocks. The beds are out from them. I found this out a while back when i stayed at a resort at the 4mm on the nigania arm.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on launch fees. That was pretty bad. I got there at 6:30am, but we didn't leave until around 7am. We were there fishing the CAST tourny-had to wait for safe light.

Yes, I did really mean 3 foot deep! They still needed at least 8' under them, and Shad in the vicinity for them to really be present in numbers though. The Crappie that are suspended at that depth, are around any kind of point that you can find along the bluffs. It was an extremely light bite though. Find & fish right in the Shad schools in the early AM for best results.

Thanks for the heads up about the Nigania markers. I did not know that! I will add this to my journal for the next time I am down. It's 437 milles from my door.

I caught quite a few on large sized shiners from the BPS in Laurie. Really nice lookin bait!! As close to a Shad as I could come. Hard to believe that I can get excited about how a minnow looks! LOL I don't use them too often.

I will be back down for the Crappie Master's tournament on 4/23/05. Maybe we can go "rip" some lips! Full baskets to ya! :D

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 10-21-2004 at 09:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,

Never heard of the CAST tourne, do you have any info on them. My buddy and I are starting to fish tourements. We have talked about fishin the crappeie masters in april next year. In fact we talked about hitting the 3 in missouri next year. I joined the crappie club here in jefferson city this year. There are several guys that fish those tourements every year. Fishing the club tourments I think i have caught that bug of wanting to fish tourments. Are you fishin the one at Rathbun next year? Also send me a private of your email address and I have a copy of a map from the resort showing where to find them, you do the same Adam and I will scan it in a pdf format and send it out to ya all. What colors of hair jigs was you thrownin?
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow The New & upcoming Association for Crappie!

FYI - CAST will have a Rathbun event on 5/07. I will probably be at the USA's Rathbun event as well on 5/14. I won't be able to make Crappie Masters there on 5/21 though. That is when CAST's Classic is scheduled for.

I will send you a PM on any sensitive info you want. My email is [email protected]

The hair was Red & White w/sparkle trailers, or White w/sparkle trailers & Pink Crappie nibbles and a shiner. All Pink Micro jigs worked well too. :p

Here is a link for the Crappie Angler's Sportsman's Tour. Tim & Todd are great guys. CAST Link

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 10-21-2004 at 11:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

hey ted, i'm actually planning on going tommorrow morning. saw on a couple reports that some real nice slabs were being caught close to the docks on crankbaits. might have to try my luck with one. if i go i'll be sure to report back.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"