Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: keep rods organized

Post Thanks / Like

Default keep rods organized

i spider rig with 16 16ft. rods any good products or ideas to keep them untangled when stored in boat.i always twist line on them but still tangled when time to fish

Post Thanks / Like

If you are talking about keeping them from getting tangled in the rod box, go out and buy some rod socks. BPS has them for around 3-4 bucks a pop, they work good and you can stuff lots of rods in one box. And not get the rods tangled up together.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

thanks no room in box o keep them in groups of four on deck

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what kinda application you can use or if your rods break down to a small enough length, but I put all my rods in stand up rod holders when not in use. I spider rig. I use two piece 13' rods, but I don't ever keep 16 of these rods on board. I carry 10.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Stors It... material has more body and less likely to snag a hook than ordinary rod socks. Sized to fit, too.

http://www.storsit.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Wraps

I use velcro wraps available at Lowes. They are made for wrapping electrical cords and such for storage. I break the two piece rods down and wrap two velcro straps around the each rod, top and bottom, and store them that way.

FP67

Post Thanks / Like

i carry a plastic container full of several sizes of rubberbands. i group three or four rods together, put a band around their handles, and several more up the rod to the tip. keeps em banded together without tangles. on the longer rods, (the longest i fish with is 9 ft) i will use one or two bands more. the bands make it easy to carry the rods to and from the lake and store in my storage shed. i have stand up rod holders i use when moving from one place to another
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod storage tip

Try putting up your rod by first attaching the lure hook under the hood of the reel seat. Then take the line half way up from the lure toward the rod tip and wrap it around the rod a few times. The line will snug down against the blank as it spirals around helping to keep tangles to a minimum.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish with 16ft rods also. And have black tape (about 6 wraps around the rod) about every 6" along my rods. And theres not much way to get them tangled up. stick the hook in the tape and its a done deal.
    I use 4 hooks per rod and they are spaced 16" each.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 piece rods you have

Quote Originally Posted by stumpbumpers
    I don't know what kinda application you can use or if your rods break down to a small enough length, but I put all my rods in stand up rod holders when not in use. I spider rig. I use two piece 13' rods, but I don't ever keep 16 of these rods on board. I carry 10.

What brand of rod is your 13'? Everyone over 12' I've look at is 3 piece. I'd like several 14' rods but I'd perfer 2 piece. Know of any? I guess a 3 piece rod would be more flexable than a 2 piece in that length with less chance of breakage. If I have to go with a 3 piece rod I might as well get 16' to keep the bait farther from the boat.

Larry