Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update On Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update On Bandit

I talked with the Lauderdale County Sherriff's Dept. today and got an update on the credit card fraud case. Bandit Lures used an outside firm to handle credit card orders and apparently their system was hacked into. They no longer use the firm and are looking into other and safer ways of doing charges. The person who used my card numbers has a hispanic name and lives in Florida and has nothing to do with Bandit Lures. To me though, I wouldn't think a person smart enough to hack into a system would be stupid enough to pay their Direct TV bill with the stolen numbers. The investigation continues and I'll keep y'all updated.
    Scott
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad they have gotten the problem figured out.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottV View Post
    I talked with the Lauderdale County Sherriff's Dept. today and got an update on the credit card fraud case. Bandit Lures used an outside firm to handle credit card orders and apparently their system was hacked into. They no longer use the firm and are looking into other and safer ways of doing charges. The person who used my card numbers has a hispanic name and lives in Florida and has nothing to do with Bandit Lures. To me though, I wouldn't think a person smart enough to hack into a system would be stupid enough to pay their Direct TV bill with the stolen numbers. The investigation continues and I'll keep y'all updated.
    Scott
    I agree, the original hacker(s) probably have never used any of the credit #'s -surely they sell the #'s to others to use.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Scott
    Thank you for updating us on this. I ordered from them couple days before this all came about. Keeping an eye on my credit card charges.
    "Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

They popped me couple months back.....On Payday!!!!! you will probebly never catch the culprits. Just be glad you got your money back.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

nice to hear at least they found the leak.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

amen on that beagle

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottV View Post
    Scott
    Thanks for the update Scott, least now they know about the problem and can get it fixed. Would sure be good if they would add PayPal. Looks like they could use another company if they want to and add Paypal for those who want to use it.
    Let us know when ya get more news.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Scott. I'm glad to hear they have found who was using the number.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scott! That some good news to hear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast