Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use an Underwater Camera?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone use an Underwater Camera?

Ran into a guy last week that caught a good mess of crappie, when asked about it he said he uses one of those underwater cameras - looking at each piece of structure till he sees fish. Said he would fish without one now.

Anyone here have any experience with them? Would you recommend plunking down $200-$300 for one?

Post Thanks / Like

i always wanted to try one but i've havent bought one yet

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has one,The only thing is the water has to be REAL CLEAR to see anything,I mean almost to the point to where you have to bump his nose to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiewannabe
    Ran into a guy last week that caught a good mess of crappie, when asked about it he said he uses one of those underwater cameras - looking at each piece of structure till he sees fish. Said he would fish without one now.

Anyone here have any experience with them? Would you recommend plunking down $200-$300 for one?

I have a brand new Aqua-View (put in the water twice) that I probably would sell. If interested send me a PM. R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole
    A friend of mine has one,The only thing is the water has to be REAL CLEAR to see anything,I mean almost to the point to where you have to bump his nose to see it.
    Not true. You can't use it in Dirty water but will work in stained water. The better the camera the better the view.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    Not true. You can't use it in Dirty water but will work in stained water. The better the camera the better the view.
    Exactly, like most everything in life you get what you pay for! I have one that we use mostly to check brushpiles and under docks with. The more lights on the lens unit the better the viewing distance.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know his may be a cheap one,I was just telling what I seen,& Eager Beaver It is true ,as I said with HIS you can't see s*$@#.

Post Thanks / Like

I used one for several days while ice fishing with a friend a few years back. All I can say is it is real neat to watch a fish swim up to your jig and just set there and look it over from about an inch away. Then back away. Then when you move it just a bit they come forward and look at it again. The lake we fished was clear water.
    I have to say I lerned a lot by using that camera. Kind of neat to be able to see the fish react to your lure. I learned how to move that jig to make them hit it. Nothing that the my 70 year old friend didn't already know without the camera. LOL By the way his wife bought it for him as a gift. Nice wife Ron

Post Thanks / Like

How many different brands are there and which is the best? Thanks.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

There are a number of cheaper cameras out there, but I put my money on the AquaView. It's interesting to see how fish react to the camera, sometimes they swim up to it and have a closer look, especially catfish. Our water here in LA is heavily stained and is muddy at times, but I can still see the fish at close distances, and they don't seem to be wary of it as they come in to have a look at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast