Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question

If I were to get an injector for shooting two tones, a bobby garland baby shad type mold to make 6 baits or around that at a pop, How much money are we talking here? I spect a few of You fellas have been buying up enough stuff to know now. Thanks CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe a two color injector is around 100 bucks and if you're going to buy the mold probably another 65 or 80 depending on the mold maker. The hobby gets quite expensive you can go to 1000 bucks and a hurry. By all means this is not to scare you away from the hobby you can buy secondhand equipment and probably do just fine.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Intrigued by all this, and have never poured. Where can you get a mold, or where can you get one made. I have been tying hand ties and enjoy it, I think I would like pouring the plastics as well. Does anyone make a mold like the bobby garland 2" baby shad, that is for sale. This is obviously for personal use only, looks like fun! Any help is appreciated!

John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    I believe a two color injector is around 100 bucks and if you're going to buy the mold probably another 65 or 80 depending on the mold maker. The hobby gets quite expensive you can go to 1000 bucks and a hurry. By all means this is not to scare you away from the hobby you can buy secondhand equipment and probably do just fine.
    Thanks Snake River. Do You recommend anyone on price and quality for molds and injectors? Where would be a good place to look for second hand stuff? This is good info. Thanks.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

There is a mold out similar to the BGBS but different in its own ways. Snake already answered some of the questions and I will attempt to help him out. As far as two tones, they are extremely hard to do with smaller baits in multi cavity form. In other words you hardly ever get a perfect shot. The colors will be mixed more less. There are some great molds out there. Check basstackle.com and check jacobsbaits.com those are two pretty known mold makers. There are also a few guys on here that make good molds as well that might offer their services up to you if they read this post. You can figure a couple hundred dollars on a couple molds to start out with. Then 50 to 100 dollars on an injector. Then your plastic anywhere from about 20 to several hundred dollars depending on how much you want. Then you have your paint colors that are generally 3 to 4+ dollars for a small bottle.

It is basically a small fortune to be honest. I would say if you do not have atleast several hundred dollars, you wont get very far. That is just my opinion.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Holland View Post
    Intrigued by all this, and have never poured. Where can you get a mold, or where can you get one made. I have been tying hand ties and enjoy it, I think I would like pouring the plastics as well. Does anyone make a mold like the bobby garland 2" baby shad, that is for sale. This is obviously for personal use only, looks like fun! Any help is appreciated!

John
    John I just sent you a PM.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    Thanks Snake River. Do You recommend anyone on price and quality for molds and injectors? Where would be a good place to look for second hand stuff? This is good info. Thanks.CF
    we just sent you a PM.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    There is a mold out similar to the BGBS but different in its own ways. Snake already answered some of the questions and I will attempt to help him out. As far as two tones, they are extremely hard to do with smaller baits in multi cavity form. In other words you hardly ever get a perfect shot. The colors will be mixed more less. There are some great molds out there. Check basstackle.com and check jacobsbaits.com those are two pretty known mold makers. There are also a few guys on here that make good molds as well that might offer their services up to you if they read this post. You can figure a couple hundred dollars on a couple molds to start out with. Then 50 to 100 dollars on an injector. Then your plastic anywhere from about 20 to several hundred dollars depending on how much you want. Then you have your paint colors that are generally 3 to 4+ dollars for a small bottle.

It is basically a small fortune to be honest. I would say if you do not have atleast several hundred dollars, you wont get very far. That is just my opinion.
    it is true what you say about the two color injector they do blend . This hobby is not easy on your pocketbook believe me it's how far you want to go with it I got addicted to it pretty fast but it's enjoyable and it is one hobby that we truly love good luck to you guys are wanting to adventure into this wonderful thing you will have many wonderful hours of enjoyment coming me in seeker will gladly help anybody that needs help .

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention check out supply's at the top of our post here plastic forms.on where to buy supplies and molds.

www.bobsjigs.com

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

you can make a devider plate in your mold for 4 bucks and will shoot perfect every time. you just shoot and the top and bottom are split and you then put whatever piece you want back in to the mold and reshoot
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast