Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: salimonie 1/29

Post Thanks / Like

Default salimonie 1/29

i just got back from fishing 105 bridge...i fished from 3:30 -6 and probably caught 60-65 crappie...all were pretty small...i was using 2 1/64 tube jigs under a small bobber about four feet down.....there was even a few times where i would catch 2 crappie at a time......it was pretty fun even though the fish were pretty small....plan to try again later in the week.....weidner21

Post Thanks / Like

Default salamonie

how deep of water were you in?Whats your opinion on why most of the crappie are lacking in size?Think there are to many small ones?What kind of cover did you find them on?trees or brushpiles?

Post Thanks / Like

the crappie in the sal are pretty small due to over population of them causing them to become stunted....i was fishing in about 6-7 ft of water.....around the bridge is covered in rocks and i feel the crappie are drawn to that area cause of the heat the rocks put off...the fish were suspended in open water around the bridge weidner21

Post Thanks / Like

Small or not, I am SO jealous!! Way to go! Glad to hear someone is out there giving it a shot at least. Got no time due to dirty diapers and all!!:D

Pat Curtis Guest

Catching any Walleye's yet? I tore it up out there 2 years ago below the dam on little grubs.

losthoosier Guest

Is anyone fishing the Crappie U.S.A tournament there on April 22 ? Plan on taking my son there for his first tournament. What is the water level at now compared to summer pool? When do they start holding back water for summer pool? Any help would be appreciated.
    keep a tight line,

losthoosier

Post Thanks / Like

losthoosier I will be there also on the 22nd, I will try to get you the information about the pool level.

fish_detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective