Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman 8/17 - 8/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 8/17 - 8/19

Went to Truman Tuesday and put in at state park, couldn't ask for better weather, over cast and in the 70's, problem was couldn't find any fish ( keepers ) We did finally catch a few on a brush pile in 16' of water down 8'. Went out Wednesday to mile long bridge ( to get out of sun it was HOT ) and caught limit of 10 1/2 to 11" . Tried again Thursday morning at bridge didn't have much luck, heat was worse. Don't know how some of you do it ( the heat ) We used minnows with niblets mostly down around 10 - 12 ft.
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a pretty good day to me not being to familiar with truman where is the mile long bridge, from what your describing sounds like you were on stockton lake not truman. glad you had a decient couple days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    sounds like a pretty good day to me not being to familiar with truman where is the mile long bridge, from what your describing sounds like you were on stockton lake not truman. glad you had a decient couple days.

Highway 7 on the osage ( Shawnee Bend Area ) Fish congregate on the bridge pilings, some are better than others, and some days there not there, at least I can't catch them some days. There was a dive team checking out piling stucture and told us there was a big root wad down in deep water ( I thought they said 60 ) and the fish where hanging right above at 20 ft. Never could find it! Anyway it's usally a good place to catch keepers 10 - 12 mostly 10's, good eating fish
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

thank you yea we fish the bridge piers on any lake, I like em, the bridge piers on stockton have been a bit slow this year, but it will pick up I'm sure, later man