PDA

View Full Version : any tips/rigs

sulphurspringsfisherman
08-20-2010, 03:31 PM
every year in my town we have a trout "fishing tournament" every year only 1-2 are SNAGGED not hooked i went to a place (beavers bend OK.) and got to go trout fishing but only cought one but i still got the bait :floating powerbait and salmon eggs: but dont really know how to use them so any tips

GCD
08-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Are these trout in a "tank"?... or a pond or stream?

sulphurspringsfisherman
08-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Are these trout in a "tank"?... or a pond or stream?

a little pond

GCD
08-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Ok, there are several things that will work.

This top secret bait has probably taken more trout than any other bait, maybe all of them together!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/greencoachdog/earthworm2.jpg

They also like live Crickets and Grasshoppers.

They will bite miniature flavored marshmallows, the pink ones are best!

You may even want to try dough balls since these Trout are being fed Trout pellets... or even some kind of soft dog food kibble that you can get on the hook.

BUT!... this is my all time favorite bait for fishing from shore!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/greencoachdog/DSC02043.jpg
A 1/16 or 1/8 oz. Roostertail! This one is called a Greencoachdog and if there are any Frogs around that Trout pond, the Trout will kill this little spinner. The white and yellowcoachdogs work well too!

sulphurspringsfisherman
08-21-2010, 09:15 AM
thanks and i have that multi-tool in the last picture

GCD
08-21-2010, 09:23 AM
thanks and i have that multi-tool in the last picture

That multi-tool is a great tool for fishermen! I had just used it to unhook this fish that I had caught on that little bitty 1/8 oz. Roostertail.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/greencoachdog/DSC02040.jpg

Not a Trout, but a nice Wiper.;)

sulphurspringsfisherman
08-21-2010, 09:28 AM
yeah works really good but the tip on the knife was broke when my cousin in the army gave it to me

PBUG2009
08-23-2010, 07:17 AM
hey sulphursprings like the quote. but you left out 1 word." but to make that sorry SOB die for his...

FlyRobLures
01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
AS far as any tips is ! Go When you can ! Use the right Bait , Catch what you can ! NO Really I dont know if your using a flyrod or not but I do and I have found where I live here in Wayne , West.Virginia the fish bite better on what ever you through at them from Febuary through March and then you have to thry everything to get them to hit !

Riverc
01-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I catch them on Velvetta Cheese and at times Pink Minnows

NIMROD
01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
We use rainbow power bait. A small hook with a split shot up about 18''.

PBUG2009
01-22-2011, 01:25 PM
velvetta cheese with garlic salt..Caught many on that..

Riverc
01-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey thanks for the tip will have to try adding some garlic salt on a few cubes and see what happens.

PBUG2009
01-22-2011, 06:09 PM
also another good bait we used is those small marshmellows for hot choclate. Get the assorted colors and find the one color that will work. And put 1 on hook with one those big jumbo mealworms..Another awesome redneck trout bait lol..

And 2 more little trick if you fishing a pond that has just been stocked there use to eating just before dusk. Take a handfull of small pea gravel or small,very small gravel and like fan it into the water. They think its feeding time in the stock ponds and boom they start hitting lol...2nd trick if your fishing a pond dont cast way out into middle. Fish around the edges maybe 6-8ft off the bank. Trout swim circles in the stock tanks, so they do the same in the ponds. We call it "round disease"

Yates
05-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I catch them on Velvetta Cheese and at times Pink MinnowsTry a pink or a red & white 1.5" tube jig with & with out a cork... work well for me