Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 8/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 8/19

Decided to head out for a couple of hours after work today. It was a nice night. Light breeze, partly cloudy, and very comfortable.

I wanted to headed up north to the Lynn/Roberts Branch and Plattesburg Y. As I was north of the old Trimble Lake, I saw Scott (nvrgvup444) at his usual honey holes. Scott how was the fish bite up there?

Area 1: The best bite was in 15' of water. Anything more or less I didn't get a bite. The fish were around the 7-8' down. There's a group of trees at a point in this area. They only held a few keepers.

Area 2: When the lake is down, this area shows all the tree tops popping out of the water. Since the trees in this place is so tightly packed, I'm surprised it doesn't hold fish well. I did find a hump where the dept went from 25' to 15'. The fish were holding right on top, also 7-8' down. Not many keepers here either.

I was fishing with blue/chart and black/chart. The fish didn't seem to care, they went after both.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex, try south from the area you marked #2 to the next 25 to 15 foot contour line I’ve done good there in the past. LOTS OF STUMPS BE CAREFUL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Alex, try south from the area you marked #2 to the next 25 to 15 foot contour line I’ve done good there in the past. LOTS OF STUMPS BE CAREFUL!
    Bill, I might just try those trees. I've never fished them before, except the leading northern edge. I can't find the shad. I headed up lake and it's real shallow up there, and earlier this year the shad was thick. When I went up there last weekend - nothing. It's a head scratcher right now for me.

Post Thanks / Like

that 15fow area in 2 has been very good to me this year. The 25 ft depth holds some fish too.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report
    you'll b back on um soon

Post Thanks / Like

I did alright, but the fish are slower here than just a week ago. Caught some 10's, and some dinks. Then I went to the very small cove just north of W on the west side and the action was much, much faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nvrgvup444 View Post
    I did alright, but the fish are slower here than just a week ago. Caught some 10's, and some dinks. Then I went to the very small cove just north of W on the west side and the action was much, much faster.
    I've fished those trees about 4 years ago when I just started fishing and didn't catch a thing. Glad to hear they hold fish.

Post Thanks / Like

alex you said in the above post you started fishing 4 years ago, hard to believe you sound and fish like an ole salt, glad you got out and caught a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    alex you said in the above post you started fishing 4 years ago, hard to believe you sound and fish like an ole salt, glad you got out and caught a few.
    Beagle, thanks for the complement. I gotta tell ya, the first year I got a boat, it was a 1970 14' Sears V Bottom, 5hp, and the trailer had those small 10" or so tires. I was so excited that I had a boat, I fished around 4-5 days a week. I kid you not, I wore out one set of tires, and half the tread on the next set the first year I had that boat. I'm still trying to beat that record. Now, I gotta figure out how I can get a job that lets me fish every day. We, I'm still hoping for that one!

On a side note, have you figured out how to post those maps yet. I'm really looking forward to those reports.