Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night fishing idea...anyone think this will work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing idea...anyone think this will work?

Just an idea I was kicking around, haven't tried it yet but was wondering if y'all think it would work. I was thinking about buying some of those glowsticks & tying them to a regular marker buoy & seeing if the light would attract baitfish....I already use marker buoys & have used a green light in the past with good success but thought this would be a pretty simple way to attract baitfish

edit...just to clarify, I'd be tying the glowstick on the string on the buoy, that way you can adjust how deep you have light according to where the fish are showing.
    Last edited by bignate; 08-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    SeaArk Stealth 186 w/ 115 Mercury Optimax & 21p Powertech prop.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know about that. those little things dont put off much and if you fish somewhere with murky water i bet you wouldnt be able to see it a foot under the water. but theres only one sure way to find out......try it. but it would be minimal, i just started night fishing a little while ago and i am by no means an expert but it sometimes takes 30-45 and sometimes longer with my big bright LED light to get baitfish in.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are, it would take to long to draw in bait or not enough bait to pull in the crappie.
    Never know until you try so let us know how it works.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea of using a light on the water is to draw the baitfish in to draw in the crappie. I'm with everyone else. I dont think those glowsticks will get the job done. But that's just my opinion so if you give it a try please let us know how it works.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Read this Nate. Good read.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts, instead of waiting on it to draw fish is to jig it around trees,tree tops at night and even muddy water in the day time.Super glue it to the line right at the jig or the jig it self.