Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gone fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default gone fishing

I am going to go fishing tomorrow and try my luck. This will only be the second time that I have been able to go fishing this year.
    Retirement is suppose to have time to do all that you wanted to do while you were working and didn't have time for. I am busier now than when I was working.
    Will have to start from scratch and have to figure out where and what the Crappie want for a meal. May try for some walleye too. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Retirement is suppose to have time to do all that you wanted to do while you were working and didn't have time for. I am busier now than when I was working. EB
    That's why it is called re-tired!:D Good luck and let us know how ya do!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

When you retire...you have to learn how to say no or you will not have time to fish. Good luck to ya EB.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Well EB did you get to go fishing? Whats the final score?
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

I made it out fishing yesterday, finally. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to figure them out after only being on the water once this year, and that was April 1. I started putting them in the boat as soon as I got on the water. I boated 8 on the first stop. Then moved to a couple of different spots and boated 7 more. The 2 guy's with me had had enough of the heat and we headed home. Final count was 15 Crappie and 1 Fresh water Drum. Not bad for the short time we was fishing. I will get the pictures done and will post them later. All the Crappie came on minnows. They didn't want a jig. The drum hit a 3/8 Road Runner while trolling. Most came in 15-19 foot of water close to the bottom. EB

Post Thanks / Like

He shoots, he SCORES!!! Good job EB

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my catch.

It was a short day but was worth the effort. I am going to start fishing more again. I am just going to have to learn to say no to everyone, for awhile anyway so I can get enough fish for a fish fry yet this year. Someone is always asking if we are still having one or if they just didn't get invited this year. I felt the heat this time more than I ever have. I had to quit fishing for awhile and get under the canopy and drink a few gator aides. I just need to spend some more time fishing is all. EB
    Last edited by Eager Beaver; 08-21-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job! Incredibly hot year, they say it's the hottest on record. I've even
    been on the sidelines more than I can ever remember, just to dang hot when
    I've had the time to go. I'm better if I start early so I can accliment. Looks
    like a nice start on a fry! I'm sure you'll get there, it looks pretty salty to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Beav!... you should pry yourself away from the computer more often.

What are you going to do with that Drum?... fertilize those Hostas in the background with it?:rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast