Spent the entire day fishing Brookville Thursday. Most of the lake has turned over but they are pulling the lake. Made for some pretty rough fishing conditions. Water temp was about 65* and the lake level is about 3' under summer pool. Fish were stacked on structure but I had a hard time getting them to cooperate. I finally went into Tempelton Creek in the afternoon and found some active fish. Managed 34 for the day. Most were on or near the bottom in 16 to 24 feet of water. They were very finicky about color and presentation. You really had to work to get them to hit but it was well worth it. At least half were 11 to 13". It seems as though the large females are finally beginning to come in from open water to start feeding up.
I ran into the Crappie king of Brookville lake in the afternoon and we fished together all afternoon. Don't get no better than that... good friends, good conversation, finess fishing and a full day on the water. And of course... a cold beer when we were done. Lots of luck guys
JigMan