Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Umbrella's Harbor Frieght $9.99

Post Thanks / Like

Default Umbrella's Harbor Frieght $9.99

Harbor Frieght has umbrella's for $9.99 63 inches with coupon $8 plus tax. free shipping

Post Thanks / Like

Wait another month and a half and you can get them for $5. The only thing is they are junk. The prongs that hold the umbrella open are made of wood not metal, the post is wood also, they will break in a 20 mph wind. If they have the metal prongs they are much better. They are good enough for summer time fishing when there is little or no wind. Anything to keep the sun off you.

I found some at BIg Lots that were made with metal pole and prongs and it lasted 5 years of heavy use. Only thing is the colors are a little loud. I think I paid 15 bucks and the base stand was included.

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of the guys on another board in Texas are starting to put big umbrella's on their boats so they can fish in the shade. I do remember how nice the top was on my old pontoon boat and really gave some relief when the sun just got too much.

Oh don't think the guys I was talking about are getting these from Harbor Freight. Seems a lot of their stuff is cheap and made cheap which is usually a waste of money even if it's not a lot.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I used my umbrella yesterday it is all metal does have a adjustable top to tilt but not the greatest idea. but for 10 buck it did the trick... and in a 20 mile and hour wind non will ho;ld up and i'm not fishing in it either

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    I used my umbrella yesterday it is all metal does have a adjustable top to tilt but not the greatest idea. but for 10 buck it did the trick... and in a 20 mile and hour wind non will ho;ld up and i'm not fishing in it either
    They work good....you don't have to have a 85 dollar boat umbrella and a 50 dollar mount....thats whats good about this.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks G3 Have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Heck anything that will block that dreadful sun is good. I don't fish in 20 MPH wind either. My luck it would get broke off when I pull in under my open boat house. I have already beat the heck out of by rear light when the water is high.

Good luck with it rocket_rich,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my umbrella from Garden Ridge. They are of better quality than Harbor Freight and pretty cheap. I think I paid $20 for mines and it was on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket,

can you please post a link to the product on Harbor Frieght's website? I couldn't find it.

Thanks!
    http://kansasoutdoorsman.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Frieght USA.Com