Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Help With a Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Question Need Help With a Rod

Hey Folks I want to either buy or build a new untra light spinning rod. There is one in Cabelas catolg on page #114. They are called Featherlight. I am wondering if any of you folks might have used one or bought one? Not very expensive at all but I am wondering if they are any good?. I want this rod for 2 pouind test line for very light jig's and such. Any help would be great. Or if you have anyother idea's on a rod be it glass or graphite or even a good blank. Thanks Ron

PS: spinning rod LOL
    Last edited by MTM; 01-28-2006 at 08:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the BPS microlite rods. Usually you can catch them on sell a couple of times a year. The glass ones have alot of action to them some time too much for me to have a bone yaring strike but great for live bait when you want them to take it. just my 2 cents.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 of these Rods 6' 6" and have real good luck with them. The only thing is the Brass insert in tip will grove out after alot of catching fish. I've had some 3 to 7 lb. Bass BURN the brake several times and this is the reason the Tip now has groves in them. I need to put new tips on them. I run Stren Hi-Vis 6 lb. line on these rods.
    I also have 2 Quantum 6' 6" TRALITE UL Rods and these I really like with Minnows and 1/32 Jigs. You can really feel the BUMP and TUG with 6 lb Stren Magnathin line. Also the Grandkids love to catch Crappie & Bluegill on these rods, they think they have BIG fish on the hook.
    Just my 2 cents worth and for the price you can't go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help Fellas. I am going to try to fish very light jigs and want a willow switch for a rod LOL. Thanks again. Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

You can visit Wal-Mart and pick up any one of several UL rigs for less than $25.00...most have matched reels and are perfectly good for the job...can't beat the price, either...I pulled a 22-lb freshwater drum up from 40 ft on 6-lb test line the other day here on Norris Lake while jigging for walleye...the rig worked fine...

Bushrod:-)