Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Twain - 8/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain - 8/15

Dad and I decided to be good Sat. night at a wedding reception and left town at 6:00 A.M. Sunday, on the water by 7:15 after stopping at our cabin for coffee and to hook up the rig.

Put in at Route U ramp and decided to run up the North Fork. Couple dinks on main channel bluffs, ran all the way up the Crooked, nothing impressive, came back down a bit and started catchin.

6-12 ft. of water, 3-7 ft. deep...... probably put 100 in the boat, coulda scratched out a couple limits of 10" or better fish, but decided it was a day for catchin & releasin. Did manage a couple 12's and a 13......

I'm thinking the bite might be a little different due to the Corp. pulling water, but when you got it in front of them there was definitely a thump!

No minners.......... all jigs, all the time.

U

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report, fishing still sounds good. seem like the fish backed off to the main lake, huh? good to know cause I'm headed up on thurs. you think the corp. dropping the lake helps or not? I'm not sure it matters with all the dinks, but what about the mature fish? anyhow, glad you had a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

SP,

I'd imagine they are backed off a little bit, but they'll probably stick on this pattern for a while. Thing to keep in mind is that the lake is STILL 15 ft. above normal pool.....

Your bigger fish are still there, just gotta figure out what makes them bite.

Still seeing tons of baitfish and the gar are certainly eating well........ had one surface next to our boat and not kidding, it was easily 4 1/2 - 5 ft. long and plenty chunky!

Should make for an interested CrappieMaster's this weekend......... you fishin it?

U

Post Thanks / Like

naw, I don't wanna jut GIVE my money away! besides, unless I'm wrong you can't drink beer and fish a big tourney. but I gave it some thought. good luck, let us know the results.

Post Thanks / Like

You're correct with the no drinking part.

I won't be fishing it either....I'd rather enjoy my time on the water and also save my vacation for the fall migration......was only gonna offer a few tips if you were fishin the tourney. The lake will be a madhouse from Wednesday on through the weekend......

U

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, the boats will be crazy! I'll just hide out way back on the west side somewhere. and its not that I like to get carried away with the cold drinks, but to me crappie fishing wouldn't be the same without a few "financial lights". keeps things easy! I also like to pull up to a bridge pier in the shade and fire up the propane grill for some brats or venison steaks. no time for that in the big leagues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    yeah, the boats will be crazy! I'll just hide out way back on the west side somewhere. and its not that I like to get carried away with the cold drinks, but to me crappie fishing wouldn't be the same without a few "financial lights". keeps things easy! I also like to pull up to a bridge pier in the shade and fire up the propane grill for some brats or venison steaks. no time for that in the big leagues.
    Sounds like you know how to enjoy a day on the water

Quote Originally Posted by Route U View Post
    Dad and I decided to be good Sat. night at a wedding reception and left town at 6:00 A.M. Sunday, on the water by 7:15 after stopping at our cabin for coffee and to hook up the rig.

Put in at Route U ramp and decided to run up the North Fork. Couple dinks on main channel bluffs, ran all the way up the Crooked, nothing impressive, came back down a bit and started catchin.

6-12 ft. of water, 3-7 ft. deep...... probably put 100 in the boat, coulda scratched out a couple limits of 10" or better fish, but decided it was a day for catchin & releasin. Did manage a couple 12's and a 13......

I'm thinking the bite might be a little different due to the Corp. pulling water, but when you got it in front of them there was definitely a thump!

No minners.......... all jigs, all the time.

U
    That was a fun day for sure,congrats.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fishing the tournament on Sat, haven't been on the lake for two years so I could use any help you can provide Route U.

Are all the fish still being caught in the flooded trees/bushes?
    Kevin Rogers-