Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stockton crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default stockton crappie

hello all lots of good tales on this site I had a couple fair days on stockton this week monday,wensday, and friday total of 36 crappie and some white's eight ft. deep on the points by the coves mostly by rorak bluff. what a winter huh. later all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappy stockton

I never let the wind get to me to much on ole sail boat lake. I fish stockton about 4times a week love it fish cape fair alot. like it in june. going tuesday. to stockton the fish are running verry fat right now lots of snails in their gut so fish close to the bank 8ft. good fishing
    beagle man

Wiley Coyote Guest

Beagle Man - I'm a Floridian now, but was born and raised in Carthage, Mo. Fished the Spring River up and down - and snuck into a lot of farm and mill ponds. Took a little bit of salt rock in the behind, too - for trespassing. We'd play hooky and head up river as far as our bicycles would take us, then slog the rest of the way to wherever we were gonna fish that day. Lots of memories. Route 66 runs over the Spring River about one mile NE of town - there's a dam there - plainly visible from the highway. My buddy and I hooked about a 50 pound flathead just to the edge of that dam... the fish ran downstream under the bridge and kep' on goin.

Those rivers and streams down there are full of smallmouth, spotted bass, and I can remember catching 150 crappie per day in some of those small "lakes" and ponds. We would catch crappie until the skin wore down on our thumbs from taking them off the hook.

Since you hit Stockton so often - next time you stop into Orleans Trail marina - ask about a guide named Curtis Palmer. He took me fishing on Stockton when I was about 14 and I totally outfished the poor guy. I had four in the boat before he had one. We had a sports reporter from Carthage in the boat and Curtis was really sweating what that story was gonna say. So, I backed off and "let him" outfish me by one bass, but only one.

He may remember that day.

Anyhow, I went on to fish bass tournaments for fourteen years and owe a lot of that to Curtis Palmer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie at a glance

HEy floated that spring river from verona to grand lake o the cherokees still fish it a little take a few beagles to the river let them run,I and fish from the bank. never got into the tournaments. old buddy of mine did bill watson from shell knob. he doesnt fish anymore got burnt out. dont ever want to burn out on fishin. done it for 45 years dont want to quit now. I will rember the guides name because I will write it down . nice talking to you. till next time .
    ps going wednesday and thursday weather just wont quit being nice .

Post Thanks / Like

beagle man, do you have alot of hounds? i used to be into rabbit hunting big time but the rabbits dissappeared around here and the good beagles went with them i might be interested in a pair of pups if you raise any.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie