HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: salamonie

krieg1340 Guest

Question salamonie

need fishing report for salamonie

Post Thanks / Like

Hello krieg,
    Fished the salamonie tuesday . Got on the water around 7:00 am. and fished till around 2:00 pm. Water was 64 deg. and the lake level is about 3 1/2 ft. below summer pool. They are pulling about 2-3'' a day. I was spider rigging most of the time with double rigged minnows out around the monument island area and the majenica creek area. Most of the lake appears to have turned over and the fish were very finicky. I managed about 40 fish with most of them dinks. Only caught about a dozen keepers for the day. I left the monument island area and motored on up to the pirates cove area and finally found some aggressive fish over a big stump with 13 christmas trees tied to it in 15 feet of water . Most fish were scattered and suspended from 10 - 12 ft down. I also picked up a few small ones by jigging a black/chart. tube right against timber at pirates cove about 12 ' down. I think as the water stabilizes the fishing will pick up pretty good. It's been one of the best years we have had here on the salamonie for both size and quantity. Do you fish the salamonie often? Hope this helps and good luck to you. ...............treepotato

krieg1340 Guest

just started fishing salamonie about three weeks ago. dad just gave me his boat, finally. we have caught some nice fish last saturday around monument island., fished sunday and caught very few keepers.dont know lake very well, so dont know where all the tress and brush are at. wheres pirates cove? thanks for the reportand maybe you can give me some more info. thans treepotato.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Krieg,
    Glad to hear you have experienced some success around monument island. That is one of the most consistant places to catch crappie on this reservoir. There is a creek channel that flows through there called majenica and it comes under hwy 9 and empties into the the the main river channel about 1/4 mile west of the island. Up by the hwy there is alot of standing timber and when the water is up high enough to flood this timber it is sometimes really good fishing. I have done well all year round in this area. Even in the winter there is decent ice fishing around the island. If you have time this winter take a day and just walk this area and you will find a wealth of info to take advantage of when the water gets back to summer pool next year. You asked about the whereabouts of pirates cove, If you leave monument island and head west you will soon go under a bridge (hwy 105) . Keep going and approximatly 1/2 mile and you will see the beach area on your left hand side. Continue on past this and you will notice a big area opening up on your left hand side and that is the pirates cove area. That is where the modern campground , marina and docks are located. I also recommend walking this area in the winter and you will find alot of fish attracters that the DNR has put out. If you have a gps you can enter these co-ordinates and probably score consistantly in the future.Also if you go to the DNR office at lost bridge west they will give you a list of 44 gps co-ordinates that they have put out all over the reservoir that will keep you more than busy. What kind of boat do you have? I have a bass tracker and drive a silver f-150 with a cubs plate on the front. If you see me let me know and maybe we could wet some lines and I'll show you some good spots to try......good luck to ya!......treepotato

krieg1340 Guest

Default salamonie

thaNKS FOR THE INFO. i have a bass tracker also, we drive a gold 89 chevy. we are going out sunday. maybe we will see you there. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hey krieg, How did it go Sunday? I was'nt able to get out.

krieg1340 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by treepotato
    Hey krieg, How did it go Sunday? I was'nt able to get out.

krieg1340 Guest

hey. we fished for six hours maybe caught 30 kept 18. biting slow i guess. we will try again wed evening if the rain stops.

krieg1340 Guest

Default salamonie

fished for two hours 4 to 6 kept 10 keepers. caught most fish in 7 ft of water. anybody else having any luck at salamonie?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello krieg,
    Where did you fish ? Were your 10 keepers pretty nice? what did you get em on? I noticed today that they have dropped the water level 7-8 feet. I haven't been able to get out for a week . I was thinking about going out tommorrow but it sounds like the weather is going to be kinda crappie , I mean crappy. LOL . Be careful out there with the level being dropped , this reservoir is very dangerous with the sunken foundations and all. good luck to ya and save some for me!!...........treepotato

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast