Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help on getting my rig painted or wrapped.

Post Thanks / Like

Default help on getting my rig painted or wrapped.

The vinyl sticker on my rig is starting to bubble and peel off in some places. I wanna either get another sticker put on it which i think is called getting "wrapped" or get it painted. Here is a pic of it, what is my best bet and has anyone ever had it done? I have a 17ft Lund. im wonderin how much it will cost. here is a pic.

Name:  boat 003.jpg
Views: 3832
Size:  84.7 KB
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looks fine to me, I would take the money for a wrap, and invest in an SI unit, or something along those lines. Unless its something that bothers you, I would not worry about it. I know around here, getting a boat wrapped is outragous, as far as price goes.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I have a polar kraft camo and Im wanting to paint it. No way I could rap it,Im too hard on the boat for that stuff.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I wouldn't mess with it, looks good. Spend the money on toys and tackle. But then, I'm the kind of guy who keys the paint, and throws a cinder block in the bed of a new truck when I buy it, just to get it over with. I could care less about pretty, I'm all about functionality!
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

It's a fishin' boat!... nicks and dings give it character!

Shop around and get your best price for wrap or paint... and then I'll grab a brush and bucket of paint and come down and do it for 1/2!:p

If you saw all the nicks and dings in mine you'd prolly poop your pants!

Post Thanks / Like

I know looks dont matter but its pretty bad, the pic doesnt do justice. There are air bubbles evrywhere and pretty soon its gonna start coming off and then i will have leopard spotted boat. I was jw if any of you guys have ever had yalls boat painted or wrapped and could give me a rough estimate at what im lookin at if i decide to go that way. i know looks dont make the boat run any better or catch more fish but i just want to keep my boat in good condition.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well if the decal is that bad, you may just be able to pull it off yourself. There should be good paint under the decal. Your boat may look kind of plain without the decal, but it'll look clean!

Even if you decide to have your boat painted or wrapped, pulling the decal off yourself will save you some money.

Post Thanks / Like

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a heat gun and start peeling.NO razor blades.Look up online how much a new decal kit is.They can be tricky,but here in Arizona it is a yearly thing.Find the guy at a body shop that installs decals on freshly painted trucks and give him a case of beer,he'll do it.They make a plastic razor blade that you can use to get the glue off without scratching up your paint.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

It is roughly $2500-3000 for an average boat. Yours might be a little less.
    He isn't talking shrink wrap that will cover it for the winter or storage, he is talking a wrap to cover the boat finish and dress it up a little, like the pro's boats are with their sponsors names on them. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast