Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Barnett for Crappie???

ratherBfishin Guest

Talking Lake Barnett for Crappie???

Hello all, I am brand new here but I have been reading posting for a while. I am also new to this area (White County) and am always looking for pointers on fishing spots and techniques. I went out and took a look at this lake Barnett but have gotten conflicting stories about the crappie fishing there seeing that it is a deep lake. Any input or fish stories would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

RatherBfishin, glad to have you on the board. I live in Searcy and have fished Barnett quite a bit over the years which means I know next to nothing to help you fish that lake. It is one of my favorites and least favorites at the same time. It is a very pretty little lake lake fishes alot bigger than it is , just under 300 acres. It is very deep up to 75ft, and as finicky a place as I have every fished. The channel is very narrow and not marked all that well, be careful very stumpy even in the channel, and watch out for the bass guys, they will trim motors up and run wide open, to "fly" over the stumps. If you hear one coming move over. One place I can recommend you start looking for fish is the flat across form Red Bluff. You can't miss it, monster red bluff on left side of lake heading towards the dam, always has buzzards circling above it. Fish the flat and cove across from it, and then hit the points. There is alot of cover in that lake and some e-tra large bass. Every year there are a couple of 12-13 lbrs that we hear about.we used to catch alot of small bass, crappie, and large bream casting blue/white tube jigs at the bank and retreiving slowly. Good luck and I,m seriuos about the bass boats, watch out.
    3GD

ratherBfishin Guest

Thanks for the heads up on the bass boats 3GD ! I hope to get a chance soon to give Barnett a try. I can't wait til the fish really start biting around here. Waiting to see if Arkansas is gonna live up to all the fish stories I've heard since I moved up here. A friend and I fished at Tom's lake in Bradford this weekend but only caught a bunch of little bass no crappie. That seems to be another tough lake, all I can catch out of it are small skinny crappie and baby bass.