Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Fillet knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Fillet knife

I need a new fillet knife.Thinking about getting that Berkley cordless with the lithium battery.Anybody have one?
    Romans 6:23

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Got one it is nice I can clean my fish in the back away from the house but dont keep charging it use till battery dies and then charge or you will have to buy a new battery.

PawPaw Gene is online now Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is a lithium battery, you should be able to recharge it at any point of discharge and it will not develop memory of short charging and ruin the battery. With all my lithium tools I charge them when finish using and then take them off of the charger. They will hold a charge longer on the shelf than Ni-Cads. Ni-Cads have to be completely discharged before recharging or the battery will develop charging memory.

Sorry MO, I have no experience with the knife you mentioned.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the American Angler electric filet knives and have had good experience with them. They are about to come out with a new model with metal gears, and it is a good looking knife, but I don't know when this will happen.

Post Thanks / Like

The rechargeable ones they make now are pretty amazing and no pesky cord to get in your way. Also a Lithium battery only loses its charge at a rate of 1-2% per month if you don't use it.
    I have Lithium in my cell phones and I charge them nightly and still get 2 years out of them before replacement. A typical Lithium battery if not used has a shelf life of 10 years. So if you use your fillet knife say once a week and recharge it 4 times a month it should probably last you like 5+ years.

5 years from now they'll probably have a new type of battery that works on fusion power, lol. Just add water and its charged!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I am skeptical about a cordless knife,but when I saw that it had a lithium battery,I may try it.It's new,not even on Bass Pro website yet,it's in their new catalog.

American Angler has a new knife out "MT3", metal gears,supposed to be really good.The only problem is, they show it on their website,but it's not for sale yet It isn't cordless,but I really like the thin blades.

Also,the Mister Twister "piranha" (saltwater) had some really good reviews.
    Romans 6:23

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i bought an american angler mt3 salt water version last year at academy. it is the white and light blue one. i brought it to the gathering and shadow made fun of it b/c it was so loud. i love it. it comes with 2 sets of blades, a shorter pair for crappie and a longer pair for redfish or the like.

it will flat skin a fish. i love mine.

doc
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docwaldo View Post
    i bought an american angler mt3 salt water version last year at academy. it is the white and light blue one. i brought it to the gathering and shadow made fun of it b/c it was so loud. i love it. it comes with 2 sets of blades, a shorter pair for crappie and a longer pair for redfish or the like.

it will flat skin a fish. i love mine.

doc
    Just remind me if you bring it this year and I'll remember to bring my ear plugs!:D
    Last edited by docwaldo; 08-18-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Just remind me if you bring it this year and I'll remember to bring my ear plugs!:D
    i thought the ear plugs were cause randy and deacon snore so LOUD!!!!
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a s-a or anything similar, but I never heard of a surgeon using an electric knife.
    I had one for about a week 20 or 30 years ago. Nothing but surgical instruments since - and only those with 4-inch blades, which do the work on a two-foot red very nicely and fast enough for me.
    And there's no way I'd try to fillet a flounder with an electric knife!
    Just my two-bits worth. Incidentally, that knife also did a good quick job on those Bundick's Lake sacs that Dwayne put me on last winter. :D
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast