Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An empty spot in my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default An empty spot in my boat.

Well my oldest son and fishing partner just pulled out of the driveway headed off to college. He's headed to Auburn. He will definitely be missed, especially in the back od the boat.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to him. Speck Jr. started college 2 years ago and we havent been fishing together since. Going to have to change that!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to you on adjusting to the empty back seat syndrome.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer My daughter is getting ready to start kindergarten and that's bad enough I can't imagine her leaving and going to college, I'm not ready for that. Best wishes for you both.

Post Thanks / Like

Had two leave for college and got weepy both times. Part of it might have been the check I was writing. :D Both are out now and no regrets. When my son gets back and fishes with me it's a treasure, may you have the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrad's Pop. Transfer to Twain and we'll grow him some big o crappie while he's away. Wish him the best, great school.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake you need to go out and catch a few.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

!I know you will miss him. At least he is heading to a good place. Engineering student?

WAR EAGLE!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep he's thinking mechanical engineering, but is intrigued by the software and wireless engineering too. All engineering students take the same classes until their junior year, so he has time to decide. He got lucky though. He was able to get a full season football package and he got selected in the parking lottery, so he gets to park right by his dorm instead of on the outskirts of campus. We spent three days there in July for orientation and it made me want to go back to school.

We have a family member that went to Alabama and played for Bear Bryant. He's a very proud alumnus. His oldest went to Auburn and he was tickled. He says he knows lots of people that start at Alabama and then transfer to Auburn, but has never met anyone that left Auburn for Alabama. I'm sure he'll love it.

We did get to go a few times before he left and chase the white bass, his favorites. He may try and do some bass fishing with the Auburn BASS team. He will spend next summer at home before he starts doing co-ops. We have plans to hit it hard next summer.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish him well during his time at "the lovliest village on the plains". It's a beautiful campus. It also has one of the top rated engineering schools in the country. Great choice of schools for what he is wanting to do.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast