Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kerr report day and night 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kerr report day and night 3

We arrived at Nut bush bridge at 7:30 PM, water was clear, 2 men were casting for shad for 1 hr short rain shower they left, just as the fish started biting they came back for another hr. then the fish bite was on for 2.5 hrs i needed two more hands, used 3 dozen minnows water was clear, temp went from 88.9 t0 86.2 slight wind, i tight lined minnows 8 ft in 22.5 feet of water. I used a gas lantern the a white submerged one, lots of bugs and shad, no catfish last night. grandson caught 1 granddaughter 0 i have no count or pictures this trip, except the catfish on another phone. Great trip.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---WHEN I CAN FISH AND CATCH:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby J View Post
    We arrived at Nut bush bridge at 7:30 PM, water was clear, 2 men were casting for shad for 1 hr short rain shower they left, just as the fish started biting they came back for another hr. then the fish bite was on for 2.5 hrs i needed two more hands, used 3 dozen minnows water was clear, temp went from 88.9 t0 86.2 slight wind, i tight lined minnows 8 ft in 22.5 feet of water. I used a gas lantern the a white submerged one, lots of bugs and shad, no catfish last night. grandson caught 1 granddaughter 0 i have no count or pictures this trip, except the catfish on another phone. Great trip.
    Somebody's having fun.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Im glad ya got in em', Im going to Kerr Friday-Sunday, I think ill be trying out Grassy or Butchers, I dont fish Buggs very often any tips?
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grassy sounds good

That will probably be good i hear lots of structure in that creek, find, mark anchor fish close find depth, good luck. the water was very clear, and hot. i saw lots of dead Strippers floating, big catfish were eating them and cruising the top, that was how i caught my 26 inch cat. the two i lost at nut bush were cruising the top also. I saw the same two boats three mornings in a row fish a brush pile in 22 ft of water and catch fish each morning. also water is lower than a month ago.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---WHEN I CAN FISH AND CATCH:D

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Alot of deep brush in Buggs; 30 plus feet of water. Crappie like these areas this time of year: