Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Red Willow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red Willow

Boy this lake is full of Northerns, caught some walleye to. I thought Neb.
    fishing was terrible with some exceptions. Thinking about the Big Mc it's up
    to 95 percent a still filling. There's been quite a few 15#+ wallys caught there
    this year. Those are NICE, wish I was there!:D:D:D
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    Boy this lake is full of Northerns, caught some walleye to. I thought Neb.
    fishing was terrible with some exceptions. Thinking about the Big Mc it's up
    to 95 percent a still filling. There's been quite a few 15#+ wallys caught there
    this year. Those are NICE, wish I was there!:D:D:D
    Not to split hairs or anything...CNPPID Reservoir Elevations & Platte River Flow Data
    One could assume that, with the press release a few weeks ago, inflows will continue to decrease.
    It is indeed, very nice to see our reservoir levels higher than in the past.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

3000cfs when the heat breaks should start filling it again shouldn't it. And
    thanks for the website. I like watching those kind of pages, helps keep me
    informed. And now that I have a buddy in the neighborhood I'll give it to him
    also.

Post Thanks / Like

also.
    Have been looking for some posts from Dan, but haven't seen any yet! Hope he gets settled in and start posting here. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

also.
    Ya it should if BOR doesn't decide to discontinue high flows out of the WY reservoirs upstream. There's a press release concerning this matter on Central's website.

Just for kicks here's a link for anyone interested in streamflow monitored by USGS, which is practically everywhere...I'm employed by the Geological Survey and my 9 to 5 so to speak is collecting and monitoring stream flow, so there's the reason for my interest or blabbing about Mac's water levels.
    USGS Real-Time Water Data for the Nation
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Water wars it seems my state Ks is always crying about somebody upstream
    stealing our water. I know the last lawsuit with Neb. lasted over 10yrs. There
    was some form of restituition but, who pays and how do you put a price on
    it. Actually, I think Ks won but all Neb had to really "pay" was the outrageous
    legal fees and keep the flow going. Basically, the educated corrupt passed
    another bill to the taxpayers and worded it so we all got a "deal".(opinion)

Post Thanks / Like

Water wars it seems my state Ks is always crying about somebody upstream
    stealing our water. I know the last lawsuit with Neb. lasted over 10yrs. There
    was some form of restituition but, who pays and how do you put a price on
    it. Actually, I think Ks won but all Neb had to really "pay" was the outrageous
    legal fees and keep the flow going. Basically, the educated corrupt passed
    another bill to the taxpayers and worded it so we all got a "deal".(opinion)
    I think WY is very lucky for all the snow melt and moisture they had this year in the platte valley. There reservoirs were in the same shape as some of ours, actually worse. It's pretty amazing to think where they came from and now mostly full. NE is just lucky there was an excess and WY was able to sustain moderate releases most of the spring/summer. BOR has a flood pool on those reservoirs if I'm not mistaken and for the reason of sustaining that flood pool(safety) they had to make those releases.
    It's just nice to see the water.
    I'm glad that I get to stay out of any water wars; the USGS is a non-regulatory agency. I just collect and monitor stream flow data and pass it along. Although, I agree with your opinion...

"Whiskey is for drinking; water is for fighting over."
    Mark Twain

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiedoc,
    I think this thread went another direction, I'll take the blame, so to straighten it back out I forgot to even ask ya; did you catch any crappie at Red Willow?
    It honestly has a decent pop. and I have heard of good catches this spring and summer. I'm actually from that area originally and have spoken to a few that fish it. I would just like to get down there sometime during the low water levels and do some waypoint shooting.

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Passion4Pomoxis View Post
    Crappiedoc,
    I think this thread went another direction, I'll take the blame, so to straighten it back out I forgot to even ask ya; did you catch any crappie at Red Willow?
    It honestly has a decent pop. and I have heard of good catches this spring and summer. I'm actually from that area originally and have spoken to a few that fish it. I would just like to get down there sometime during the low water levels and do some waypoint shooting.

Sounds like you'll have a couple years to get down there and play with that GPS! Heard the other day that it might be 3 yrs before the water comes back up!
    HuskerLand is the name, custom jigs are the game!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

P4P, sorry I didn't see your post. No, we didn't catch any crappie, but we
    didn't fish for them either. The guys I fished with had me slingin plastic all
    day for Northerns. Well, I did use some bucktails I make, tipped with 4" Gulp
    minnows, which is what we caught most of the walleye on. To be honest it
    was a short, sleep deprived trip. Drove 4 hrs Friday night, fished Sat and Sun
    morning and left around noon. I'll go back when I can spend more time and
    really fish the lake.