Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing product help

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing product help

Rhonda's birthday is coming up next month and need help buying new rod and reel for her.

Has anyone used "PFLUEGER UNDERSPIN REEL"? What do you think of this reel?

What about Blakemore Rod Floaters? Do they get in your way when fishing? She is new at this boat fishing and sits her rod down and I am worried about lossing it.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I worked for Cabela's in the fishing dept. and they sold a lot of them. However, it was one of the most returned reels as well. I'd get her something else. I don't know about the floaters,don't own a boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pflueger underspin and it has worked well for the inexperienced fishermen i take but its not had a great deal of use,that being said i doubt you'll find any underspin reel that will hold up like a good ole spinning reel,my suggestion would be to teach the boss lady how to use a spinning reel and get her a rod with a big ole cork handle.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a buddy who uses them and the Diawa's with good luck. He ordered a new Pfluger that has like 8 or 10 bearings. I would just buy a nice spinning reel and a 10 ft Ozark then if she does not like it you can have a nice rod and reel.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a couple underspinners,but not that brand.For my own personal use,they worked out well for a 9-10' rod where you are not really casting,or a short ice fishing rod.Might work well from a boat if you are parked right over brush or timber,or maybe slow drift.The ergonomics made it hard for me to cast well.

I've heard of people shooting expandable foam inside of the rod grip to make it floatable,or tacking a small section of swim noodle and putting it on the rod just above the reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Duane I Use To Have A Quantum Triggerspin That Was Very Easy To Use,,,had It For Years Till A Big Old Drum/ CARP Sucker/ Trash Fish Flat Made Junk Of It( Dang Trash Fish)...U Might Look In Bps/Cabalas I Think They Now Call Them Snap Shot Or Something Like This,,,, Of Course I Think Quantum No Longer Makes The One Iam Talking About But If U Can Find Something Like It It Is Easy For Someone To Learn To Use,,,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

got one for fathers day a year ago, and it went to hell in a bucket quick.
    would catch the line.
    took it back and exchanged it for the same model early this year and it works great. casts smooth and long.
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by old fuzzy View Post
    Duane I Use To Have A Quantum Triggerspin That Was Very Easy To Use,,,had It For Years Till A Big Old Drum/ CARP Sucker/ Trash Fish Flat Made Junk Of It( Dang Trash Fish)...U Might Look In Bps/Cabalas I Think They Now Call Them Snap Shot Or Something Like This,,,, Of Course I Think Quantum No Longer Makes The One Iam Talking About But If U Can Find Something Like It It Is Easy For Someone To Learn To Use,,,,
    When I started looking for a reel I was interested in this Quantum Triggerspin as I had looked at it before for myself, but from what I can tell they no longer make it. I have several Daiwa's underspins and even a Abu Garcia Abumatic Underspin both have been good reels for minnow dipping. I hear everyone talking so highly about Pflueger spinning reels thought they may make a good underspin for her to use. I guess not.

I was feeling cheap a few years ago and bought a 7' UL Bass Pro Micro Lite Glass Spinning Rod. What ever reel I buy I am going to give this rod to her and get myself 6'6" UL Bass Pro Micro Lite Graphite.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

It's an okay/good reel in my opinion, but I wouldn't call it a good/great reel. 6.5/10 Maybe?

I have yet to find an underspin that will hold up to a lot of use.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

The old Shimano Sidestabs were junky. The version they've been putting out for the last five years has my vote for value.

Pflueger is making better reels now than they used to for sure.

I'd say stay away from the Wally Marshalls. Dad had two that had come aparts on him.
    Standing in the Gap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast