Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about Spike-it colors

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default about Spike-it colors

it was brought to my attention by crappie seeker about using Spike-it in other dip dies for plastic.it works exceptionally well if you do not want to take the time to cut your plastics and use any other color in your molds. We have been doing this for quite some time but please be advised that this stuff has a tendency to blame over a little bit but it definitely makes it look cool looking job. A little 2 ounce bottle will do you one heck of a lot of plastic baits. And they have many others that you can use and spike it the red is very brilliant the green and many other colors are exceptionally very good use it on white. Normally you would not do this on plastic baits to make a very distinct color between the two but try it and find out if you like it. Another way to color up some of your plastic baits.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks snake. I thought it would work out pretty good. Actually it takes a little time doing the dipping, it may be a little more time consuming than cutting tails and re-inserting them. Or it may be about the same. I guess it is whatever someone is comfortable with. I may still try it. Is this what you use for your core shots, just take a syringe and inject the color inside a clear bait?

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Thanks snake. I thought it would work out pretty good. Actually it takes a little time doing the dipping, it may be a little more time consuming than cutting tails and re-inserting them. Or it may be about the same. I guess it is whatever someone is comfortable with. I may still try it. Is this what you use for your core shots, just take a syringe and inject the color inside a clear bait?
    yes this is the way I do bloodline shooting with the syringe. Matter of fact I have a picture of some of my plastic baits that we've done this to take a look.
    [/IMG]

www.bobsjigs.com

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a sryinge bad! have you ever tried Spike It blade dip? its COOL its made to die spinnerbaits and spoons. I dip my jig heads in it and add a clear coat to tuff'n it up
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

looks good snake i will have to try it some time

mo, i saw a video on that exact thing today. I wondered if it would work on jig heads. What kind of clear coat do you use and do they look real shiney and are they very chip resistant?

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    looks good snake i will have to try it some time

mo, i saw a video on that exact thing today. I wondered if it would work on jig heads. What kind of clear coat do you use and do they look real shiney and are they very chip resistant?
    Yea, it works great I seal it with a couple coats polyurathane. Its shiney and crystal clear. I never had a problem with it chipping but then again I loose em purdy fast :D
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MO QWACK;1233124]Yea, it works great I seal it with a couple coats polyurathane. Its shiney and crystal clear. I never had a problem with it chipping but then again I loose em purdy fast :D[/QUO

Wood vinyl clear coat work mo is very durable and will not chip but like you I don't have them long enough to find out.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=snake River;1233193]
    Quote Originally Posted by MO QWACK View Post
    Yea, it works great I seal it with a couple coats polyurathane. Its shiney and crystal clear. I never had a problem with it chipping but then again I loose em purdy fast :D[/QUO

Wood vinyl clear coat work mo is very durable and will not chip but like you I don't have them long enough to find out.
    I dont fish alot of rocks or other hard structures other than trees so my heads dont get pounded to bad. The I think afew of the heads I send you or coated with it so you can report back on thier durableness. I use epoxy watered down with denatured alcahol or the clear powder coat when I want chip proof protection.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The orange spike it works extremely well. Still use it a lot on the underbelly of Snake River's minnows and Jilly Jelly jigs.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    The orange spike it works extremely well. Still use it a lot on the underbelly of Snake River's minnows and Jilly Jelly jigs.
    have more of those here ship if you want them I have green red blue and pink.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast