Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 8/8

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 8/8

Went out this morning for about 2 1/2 hours and kept 7, threw back 3 or 4. Nothing special, a couple just over the line and the rest about 11". Fishing stumps north of the w bridge from 9' to 18' of water. Ran into Alex with his pretty new RED boat sitting in the shade under the w bridge. Was gonna fish some other spots but looked down at the gas guage and it eas on "E". Headed back to Camp Branch and the truck and came up a little short. About 400 yards short. Ran the Minn Kota from the new dike on the corner in to the ramp. Thats twice I've done that in 30 something years of owning a boat. Just glad I was close and the weather was good.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you looked down at the right time. 400 yards is better than 4 miles if you headed somewhere else. Glad you caught a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Dex, a least you didn't have to use your last and final motor, muscle and oar. Sorry I missed you out there. Would have been glad to tow you in.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)