Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: bad day with a good ending

Post Thanks / Like

Default bad day with a good ending

feb. 2005 i was fishing at lanier in GA.at a bridge pull off provided to have a place to fish. standing 25 feet from the road trying to catch striper that were busting the surface when an arm came around my neck a tried to take me down. i reached for my knife in my jacket pocket but it wasnt there. the next ting i know there are 2 more from, well lets say, way south texas, with feet and hands hitting and stomping me.they tied me up to my phone and keys and left i thought. when i heard them go up the bank i stood up ripped off the tape from my hands and feet and climed the bank where they were going through my truck. i picked up a pipe and ran at them when they got into there honda and left. all of this was happening right next to the road, so with blood coming down my face i tried to stop someone for help and to follow the car but it took about 20 cars before someone would stop.i have always owned guns but didnt think i would need it to go fishin,because i had my knife i thought. my wife had used it to open a box but never put it back in my pocket. well the good ending to the story is, no they never found them but because of my wifes guilt I GOT MY BOAT. times are changing so be prepared. who would have thought they would have gotten robbed just going fishing. NEXT TIME, SOMEONE ISNT GOING HOME.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to snag below the dam late at night. Often I was the only one around a lot of times. But I carried a pistol and always said that snagging pole could be a weapon. Imagine getting hit with 8 oz of lead and a 10/0 treble hook on the end of a 14' snagging rod !
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

ouch that wouldnt feel good, i always carry a pistal every where i go but i didnt that time, because well i was going fishing, and i cant leagaly carry on corp. property. but like i told the cop going to jail is better then the morge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your sure right

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD
    I used to snag below the dam late at night. Often I was the only one around a lot of times. But I carried a pistol and always said that snagging pole could be a weapon. Imagine getting hit with 8 oz of lead and a 10/0 treble hook on the end of a 14' snagging rod !

Man I may not be the biggest stud in the barn but I will fight anyone if I get the first lick in with a 14 foot snagging pole. You sure could give him a lesson on "walking the dog" with a 10/0 hook in his back, head, neck, leg, arm ect.

Post Thanks / Like

You can call it what you want to but i call it DIVINE INTERVENTION, Although the guys attacked you but if you had your knife or gun you don't know how the situation would have turn out. You could got killed or you could have killed one of them. That is something you would to carry around the rest of your life and believe that is a heavy burden. Thank god you was not hurt, May god bless you.
    CRAPPIEJACK ~>*){{{{><

Post Thanks / Like

Crappieday,
    Where on Lanier did this happen?
    I fish upper Lanier and sometimes fish from shore. Just want to be prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

it was at the 53 bridge just outside of little hall park,

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappieday, I know the place. That's not the first horror story I've heard about that area. Glad your ok. I guess you need eyes in the back of your head nowadays.