Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trip to bethany

Post Thanks / Like

Default trip to bethany

baller and i got up to bethany yesterday and fished from 4 til 8... fished 2 brushpile's in 12 ft of water bout 7 ft down... we cleaned 46, nothing real big just good 9 inch eater size... color did'nt seem to matter much, caught a few double's on a tandem rig... joedog came up and met us this morning, got on the water at 6:30. took joe over to the brushpile's and of course they were'nt there. started dipping the timber and there they were, the heat chased us off at noon, we managed 34 eater sized crappie, ed caught a 15 inch for a bonus kicker, kind of weird 80 9 incher's and then a teaser 15 incher. talked with joe and his crew, they were picking some up as well. don't know how they ended up, we did'nt get to say bye before we left. good seeing and talking with you and your crew joe. hope you guy's got some meat for the freezer!

Last edited by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER; 08-07-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job guys
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got on em and had a good trip

Post Thanks / Like

Good report, Jeffie. Was a beautiful day to be on the water.
    Nice fish, Edward.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip. Good job gettin em! I bow hunt deer about 3-4 miles from Harrison Co Lake (I assume that's where you were), love that country. We go up to the lake to fill our water supply, a beautiful lake but never have fished it; too busy chasing the 4-legged critters when I'm there.

Just curious, did you eat at the Toot Toot? It is a tradition of ours for many, many years to eat at the Toot at least once every trip.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i call an action packed trip with a thumper to boot.......good job fellas.

PS. thats a fine lookin fish but that sorry lookin creature holdin it leaves a lot to be desired......BUTT UGLY!!!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

We weren't far behind you, Jeff...we got off the water at around 1:00. We cleaned 30 and had a fish fry last night. They were gone in no time. Thanks for the great day on the water. Good times!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats to you all. nice report,keep em commin when you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah....we focused most of our attention on the creek channel edges...right where the depth changed from ~5-6' to ~11-12'...it was a quick depth change and the fish were stacked in there. They got smaller as we got further to the back of the cove so we headed back to the mouth and got some bigger ones. None that went NEAR 15" but we got a few 10s mixed in with all the 9s. My nephew was using an orange/white Slab Buster and was killin' 'em on it. Closest I had was an orange/chart and that did better, but they bit on every color. That one just seemed to be better.

Trolled crankbaits for a bit, too. Got some nice ones that way, but the 3.5# LMB and 6.5# Channel Cat slowed down our trolling! They both went back in the water but were fun to catch on the 10' Ozark.

Oh...by the way...broke my first Ozark rod tip. Just the tip about an inch above the second eyelet. *sigh*

Incredible day nonetheless!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Catch U Guys

Hey Eddie Whats With All The Grey,,,Too Many Late Nights????
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast