Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: shallow water structure

Post Thanks / Like

Default shallow water structure

i am going out sat. with some small condos about 3 feet talll and 3 feet around.got 6 im planning to put all in a row. because of winter drawdown of the lake its about 1.5 feet below where it will be in the spring. any sugestions on what depth to put them. i was planning to put them at 4 feet so the would be around 5.5 to 6 feet in the spring. i will be placing them at the begining of a large flat cove were i did good last year on a laydown.

Post Thanks / Like

I find most of my early Crappie in 3-5' of water. If your lake is currently down, which most are, drop them to where they are just still hidden/covered. Looks as if the dry spell is starting to break a bit, might wait another week just to see, that way, you can drop them in even more shallow water, so that when levels come back up, you are not too deep with them.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

i plan on puting a group of them every 2 ft in depth change over the next couple of weeks. but i dont want them sticking up for someone else to be fishing when i go out. i have gps for my matrix 17 a few months ago and i dont know why i never got it before. its great!! i will never be with out it again