Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oh No, Not Another Fishing w/ Night Lights Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh No, Not Another Fishing w/ Night Lights Newbie

I have a white light that I purchased years ago. It's fairly cheap but I've never used it.

I've read the posts that say fish on the dark side of the boat or fish on the edge of the light.

My question, is how deep should I run it? The lake I'll be fishing is about 15 deep at the most and it's murky to muddy depending on how recently it's rained. Pretty stumpy. Lots of cover.

Is fishing live minnows around the light the best way to go about it? Will worms, or chicken liver or something work around the light?

I'd like to catch crappie, but I wouldn't be upset if I caught some catfish either.

Thanks for the help. I know this one's been beat to death. I read through alot of the threads but didn't see the how deep to put the light part.

If it depends on how deep the fish are, how deep would the fish (crappie) be on a lake that's mostly 8-10 feet deep with a few 20 foot holes?

Thanks again.
    πνεύμα γέμισα

Post Thanks / Like

I drop my lights a foot or two under the surface. Minnows have been the best bait, artificials don't seem to work to hot at night. Try different depths, and areas around your light. I catch fish on the outer edge of the light, but I catch more fish in and right under the lights than anywhere else. I would look for fish between 5' and 10' foot of water if your setting up in 15'.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Outer edge of the light worked for me,I fished in shallow water maybe 7 foot.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Click this link and start reading......... http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...ips-101-a.html
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep