Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod for pushing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod for pushing.

If I understand things correctly, the WM Tightline Special is a good pole, while the WM Signature Series Tightline Special from Bass Pro Shops has issues. The consensus is that the B 'n' M Pro Staff Trolling Rod is not quite as good, though some disagree. Are there better or at least other choices for pushing 1oz?

Post Thanks / Like

Lou,

I have pushed crankbaits and crappie rigs with my WM tightlines for 4 years now. Knock on wood, no breaks and great for the cranks even with 4 oz weights. Not so good for winter fishing as tips are too stiff. B&M Pro troller has a little more sensitive tip for winter to detect bite better.

Luvfishin526
    You know, even Jesus had a fishing story!

Post Thanks / Like

B'n'M ProStaff poles are more sensitive. I have power trolled with them using 3oz of weight and had no problem. One thing to keep in mind is that B'n'M has replacement tips for all their poles and rest-a-sure you will break one sooner or later. Just remember B'n'M stand stand behind ALL their poles. Just my 2 cents.

B'n'M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    Vicious Pro Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSCRAPPIE33 View Post
    B'n'M ProStaff poles are more sensitive. I have power trolled with them using 3oz of weight and had no problem. One thing to keep in mind is that B'n'M has replacement tips for all their poles and rest-a-sure you will break one sooner or later. Just remember B'n'M stand stand behind ALL their poles. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks, so everyone agrees that the WM is stiffer, and the B'n'M is more sensative so far, but sensitivity shows up as movement when pushing right? That sounds like an important feature, along with replacement's. Sounds like the scales are more balanced than I had thought, if not giving B'n'M a slight nod...