Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad, Bad news!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad, Bad news!

I went to my home owners metting to discuss the new park that is being built around the lake near my house.
    They told us that during excavation they dicovered that the near by schools gym sewage dump directly into the lake and DO NOT EAT THE FISH!
    They said they fixed the problem but I don't care I'm done
    They also told us they they would not allow anymore boats on the lake not even a canoe. It makes no sence to me, but I don't think I will be spending alot of time there anymore.
    All this came one day after I just sank a bunch of christmas trees

Post Thanks / Like

Well that sux!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like jordan huh HotSot?:D

Post Thanks / Like

At least the fish at Jordan don't have the "High Pro Glow" like the ones at Harris.....:D

Post Thanks / Like

You need to contact a enviromental lawyer and see if he has reccomendations on suing the school and dist and make them clean the "crap" up. After they dredge it you might come out with a deeper lake then you had and a cleaner one. And lets face it they are responsible for it so why shouldnt they pay for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gooch
    You need to contact a enviromental lawyer and see if he has reccomendations on suing the school and dist and make them clean the "crap" up. After they dredge it you might come out with a deeper lake then you had and a cleaner one. And lets face it they are responsible for it so why shouldnt they pay for it?
    Only problem with that is, he probably pays school taxes. Sue the school, get them to clean it up, then the school raises taxes to pay for the clean up. Catch 22 you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't want to get into all that:o

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake

give it some time GS, once the source is gone, the environment with a little help, can heal itself, might take a couple of years but dont give up!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieOutlaw
    give it some time GS, once the source is gone, the environment with a little help, can heal itself, might take a couple of years but dont give up!!!
    Yea. It will heal itself eventually. But the problem is that they have changed the rules and now nobody can fish there (in a boat). Well, that is how I read the thread. This sounds like exactly the same kind of environmental wisdom that I have to put up with in the "city mentality" around here. Will the 'rules' heal themselves? No. Get the lawyer involved. It is horrible, but it is the only language those idiots understand. Go to the local university and get the undergraduate lawyers to throw "reality" in the faces of the school board or town or whoever. If you have to, give up some of your fishing time. They started the fight, you are gonna finish it, I hope. Keep jiggin.
    Sorry for my Crappie attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Default what lake ?

Quote Originally Posted by Good Stuff
    I went to my home owners metting to discuss the new park that is being built around the lake near my house.
    They told us that during excavation they dicovered that the near by schools gym sewage dump directly into the lake and DO NOT EAT THE FISH!
    They said they fixed the problem but I don't care I'm done
    They also told us they they would not allow anymore boats on the lake not even a canoe. It makes no sence to me, but I don't think I will be spending alot of time there anymore.
    All this came one day after I just sank a bunch of christmas trees
    What lake you talking about
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!