Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mounting Humminbird 997 Transducer???????????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting Humminbird 997 Transducer???????????

I've recently switched boats and I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help on how I need to mount my Humminbird 997 Tranducer on my new boat. It will be going on a Trition 21' fiberglass boat which has a 10" jack plate on it. Ive heard alot of people talk about mounting the transducer some how to the jack plate for a better imagine, I would like to get it right the first time if I could and was just wondering if anyone could help me out? Some pictures of how others have mounted there tranducer would be great if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated Im depending on yall other anglers to to help me get the new project right the first time around. Thanks for all the help in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the side imaging site sideimaging : UnOfficial Humminbird Side Imaging Group
    you will have to join its free and in photo section will be photos post of ducer mounted on various brand boats. If u have jackplate the best install is to
    1) mount the HD ducer to jack plate that way it is only on water at lower speeds & no worry about logs stumps when u driving fast...
    2) mount a standard 83/200 ducer in boat bottom for hi speed depth reading etc and connect the two ducers right to 997 using their Y-cable designed for this-never need to change setting, install special switch etc. For more info join side site & post this very question-mods very helpful...............
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default 997 Transducer

The jackplate is the only way to go. If you have any questions at all call Bob at TRI-STATE trolling motor repair in Hazelwood Mo. Tel.314 921-7292. Very knowledgeable on both the Hummingbird and Lowrance. He also carries any brackets or connectors you may need to make it a neat installation.