Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sharing Your Honeyhole

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sharing Your Honeyhole

How do you guys feel about telling other folks on this board where you are catching your crappie? I post on a catfish board and some of the guys really put down anyone who wouldn't give up their best fishing spots. I won't. Heck, when I was 12 years old, I told one of my buddys how good of kisser a girl was. The next time I went to her house, his bike was parked out front. I feel the same way about my "honeyholes". If I am not carefull, they could get fished out quickly.
    What do you think about sharing your "hot spots"?

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Honey Holes

I ,M NOT KEEN ON PUTTING IT IN PRINT BUT I ENJOY SHARING SPOTS WITH SOMEONE THATS NOT GOING TO ABUSE IT --GUESS I GO BY MY FEELINGS ABOUT THE PERSON
    I WOULD,NT WANT A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE FISH HOGS IN MY SPOTS BUT I,M NOT SURE THERE,S A LOT OF SECERT SPOTS ON THE PUBLIC LAKES IN IL.---20 YRS OR SO AGO WHEN I FISHED DURING THE WEEK NEVER SAW MANY,NOW ITS A RARE DAY WHEN I DON,T SEE A FEW OF THEM IN [MY SO CALLED FISHIN SPOTS]
    THERE HAS BEEN A COUPLE OF TIMES WHEN MY WIFE AND I WERE FISHIN A SPOT AND A BOAT COMIN FROM A DISTANCE IS TALKIN TO THEIR CLIENTS [GUIDE BOAT] ABOUT US BEING OFF THE SPOT A FEW FEET[ CLOSE TO A LAY DOWN] AND WHEN THEY GET CLOSE THEY SEE I,M ON THEIR SPOT ---DID,NT KNOW BEFOREHAND IT WAS SOMEONES SPOT
    ----- AND IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO CATCH FISH WE HAD FOUND BY PUTTING IN THE TIME LOOKING

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has a different opinion on this topic. I agree with what has been said so far. I don't mind sharing tips and techniques and "general" locations. Heck, I can't catch 'em all, but I ain't gonna give GPS numbers either!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty careful about showing my BEST spots to just anyone too. I do a lot of catch and release fishing when i fish alone. When i take someone with me and they want to keep everything that bites, there's no way i'm takin em to my favorite spots. I learned a lesson a couple years ago. Took a co-worker/ new friend, ice-fishing with me to my BEST spot. We hammered the fish that day. The next week he had 2 of his friends there when i got there. His friends brought their friends the next day. I went back a week later and someone had thrown over 50 small crappies 7-8"s on the ice to die. One guy had a gps to mark the spot. Lesson learned.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. Part of the satisfaction is figuring things out yourself! I'm no crappie welfare queen (or king) that wants everything handed to me. Maybe how deep they are or what stage they are, but I'm equally satisfied with the figuring them out as I am with the eating them. When I know I did them both with no or little help- it is much more gratifying. I might send somebody in the right direction if they ask me right, or if they are too obviously looking for a hand out, I might send them on a wild goose chase. I'm not a government program to supply the needy with free crappie fillets! LOL! I was burned too many times and I will not give up my specific spots unless it is unavoidable (I am fishing in the same boat with someone).

Post Thanks / Like

AS for crappie well I'm just starting out and have no honey holes yet. And dought if I will, But if I know you there's a good chance I will tell you enough to get you on fish.
    If you know the depth and color not a lot left to find a few fish.
    Also I belong to the other club also.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I think that it depends on each unique situation. I'd like to help as many people as possible. For example, and I've had this happen to me more than once. Some guys are hauling down the lake and see me catch one, so they immediately start full speed towards me. After they almost whitewash me up on the bank, they start with the questions. In this situation my lips are sealed. If I did this to somebody else, I wouldn't expect any straight up answers.
    I need to chat with someone for a few minutes before I give up good spots. It just makes me feel better about their character.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Honey Holes

I had two guys fake like their motor would'nt start at Sardis. They drifted so close I could have grabbed one of their poles. Then I hear,"beeep". Darn if I just wasn't GPS'd. or was that the magic engine starter.. cause it fired right up after the beep. Needless to say the fish spooked and left us kinda miffed.
    Technique's.. yes... location NOT.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

I am in aggreement with a lot of these post. My truely best spots I will not give up. If someone wants to go with me, I hit some areas I know will produce, but not the best ones. There was an old unwritten rule I heard somewhere it goes "If you FIND a place or Make one, it is yours to tell if you want to help a buddy catch a few. If it is SHOWN to you, your lips are to be sealed. If someone thought enough of you to show you, it is not yours to give away!!!"
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a great story that emphasizes when you shouldn't tell about your honeyholes. http://espn.go.com/outdoors/general/...h/1299161.html CEB -

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast