Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer fishing? Not me, now!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Summer fishing? Not me, now!!

Well I can tell you now that the summer is over for me as far as fishing goes. If you are wondering why,,well let me tell you briefly. I was covering the Ausable River Canoe Marathon last week and had been at it from about 6pm on Saturday, all night, following a highschool classmate/friend of mine throughout the 120 mile overnight canoe race. I was at Loud Dam at about 7am on Sunday when I slipped on some grass and broke both the bones in my lower right leg. Yep,,snapped em both like a dry piece of oak. I must say,, the harmonic moan of the croud at 7am when my bones broke was something I had never heard before, nor was the sound of those bones breaking. I had surgery Tuesday to put the bones back together and am now on zero weight for then next 6 weeks. Well I will finally get caught up on my drawings and sent to everyone. Thanks to all for all the patience with the artwork, it has just been one thing after another. Will continue to update as I progress and just in case I figure a way to get a line wet.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

wishing you a speedy recovery

Post Thanks / Like

Same exact thing happened to my mom a couple years ago in the kitchen. Still makes me sick when I remember running into the kitchen and seeing her leg bent 90% sideways between her ankle and knee. I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you heal well and quickly. Keep us updated.
    Good things come to those who bait.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not good.:o Sorry to hear about your fall and broken bones. Main thing now is do like youre told and give it time to heal properly if you dont want complications down the road. Hope the pain isnt too bad and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a good recovery form the broken bones. Hate to hear this has happened .
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default once again ouch

i hope you have a speedy recovery !!

you still time to visit the fall outing and i have a very good seat up front if your up to it by then, either way hope yo see you there

r2f

Post Thanks / Like

dont use the f-a-l-l word! jk hope you recover and get back to fishing
    "the objective of war is not to die for your country but to make that sorry sob die for his" General Patton

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you heal well and quickly and can get back to fishing soon.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Get well and get back to fishin Imean catchin. That T shirt drawing was top notch.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Man that really bites!!!!!!! Hope you get better quick, but you know there's gonna be alot of PT along with that one.

Hang in there buddy

Fatman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast