Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rattletraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default rattletraps

i just got me a tiny orange and black rattle trap from a freind and i want to try it out but i some of yalls expereces using them thanks
    "the objective of war is not to die for your country but to make that sorry sob die for his" General Patton

Post Thanks / Like

Experiment with different retrieves, from a steady slow retrieve, to a fast burning retrieve. The best retrieve I've found is a "Hopping" retrieve. Cast the lure out and then pull your rod tip back sharply, then drop your rod tip forward and reel up the slack then repeat the back pull and drop forward.

If your lake has a clean bottom you can crawl the lure across the bottom and a very slow retrieve and this can be deadly too.

Caught my largest Spotted Bass ever on the hopping retrieve with a Rattlin' Rap.

Post Thanks / Like

gotta try that out thanks
    "the objective of war is not to die for your country but to make that sorry sob die for his" General Patton

Post Thanks / Like

Bought some when they first came out way bak when. Never could catch anything with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught some huge crappie on traps. I use to bass fish with them and that is when I caught my crappie on them. So I know they work. Might be good to troll some along with cranks

Post Thanks / Like

cant troll im 14 lol and im in a tiny lake

Post Thanks / Like

just cast them and vary your retrieve

Post Thanks / Like

I use a quick pop-pop and then slow retrieve and then do it again. Mimics a wounded baitfish.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

fatman, I have done something similar to that before as well. I have let the trap stay still and then snap it a time or two and let it fall again as you say like a wounded fish and have caught some nice fish this way, mainly bass but have landed a few crappie. It has been years since I have done that though.

Post Thanks / Like

any one vert jig em?

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast