Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this look like...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does this look like...

$23.16 worth of medication to you?

Had a relapse of the Mycoplasma Pneumonia and went to the doc last Friday, doc said he wanted to try a name brand med and asked me if my insurance would pay. I said yeah, and thought it would only be $10 more. I turns out I had to pay 20% of the prescription and that was $46.26 which means 10 pills was $231.60!!!

I couldn't believe it! I know there are much more expensive pills out there, but this is the most expensive one I've ever taken. The good news is I'm starting to feel a lot better now, so I guess the extra money was worth it.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is making you feel better how about sending Tom & me a couple...:D

I don't like that picture quality, must be a Nikon...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

my wife just got some of those, she paid $10 for 6 pills.......those are the most powerful antibiotics you can get........she was to take 2 pills the first day then 1 a day until gone...the second dose almost did her in, i had the phone in my hand ready to call 911..she couldnt breathe and almost passed out, the whole episode probably lasted 3 or 4 minutes but it seemed like forever, she ended up vomitng for about 6 hours, took 3 days to get back to having an appetite........i dont know if you remeber or not but back in April I posted that she fell ill during the night, its been over three months and they still dont know whats wrong with her, she's lost 40lbs and her FMLA has run out.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    If it is making you feel better how about sending Tom & me a couple...:D...only young people are allowed to take those pills!

I don't like that picture quality, must be a Nikon...
    The camera is a Sony, and you're not allowed to have one of those either!:p

Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    my wife just got some of those, she paid $10 for 6 pills.......those are the most powerful antibiotics you can get........she was to take 2 pills the first day then 1 a day until gone...the second dose almost did her in, i had the phone in my hand ready to call 911..she couldnt breathe and almost passed out, the whole episode probably lasted 3 or 4 minutes but it seemed like forever, she ended up vomitng for about 6 hours, took 3 days to get back to having an appetite........i dont know if you remeber or not but back in April I posted that she fell ill during the night, its been over three months and they still dont know whats wrong with her, she's lost 40lbs and her FMLA has run out.
    Dang Bubba! Sorry to hear about your wifes illness! It sounds like she probably had an allergic reaction to the Levaquin.

With all the miracles of modern medicine today, I don't see how someone can be taken ill and the doctors can't figure out what's wrong with them... but it happens every day! I hope they're able to find a cure for your wife real soon!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Must be a suppository.:p:p
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    :D:D:D That would exactly the treatment GCD needs...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

poor GCD, everybody picks on you. The derm wanted me to take shots for my psoriasis back several years ago and it was one shot per month and at that time each shot was close to 3,000 dollars. Luckily my insurance covered all but 20 dollars of it. I decided against the shot though because I simply did not think a shot should cost that much and did not feel my flare ups needed that strong of meds. My girlfriend has trouble swallowing pills and would rather take shots. I myself would rather swallow a pill any day

Post Thanks / Like

You better be careful about taking those, I took several bottles of them and it ruined all my joints and a tendon in my ankle just broke one day when I was walking down the sidewalk.

Post Thanks / Like

My wifes doctor put her on Levequin when she was having infections in here feet. 20 pills was over $400.00 (we paid) on the insurance plan we had at the time. They ain't cheap!!!!!!!!

fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking HIV suppository...:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast