Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just ordered Hi-Tek rod holders :)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just ordered Hi-Tek rod holders :)

Gonna start getting my boat ready for this winter, I ordered two 4 rod hi-teks from Grizzly jig. I'm gonna put both of em on the front deck since I already have three seat pedestal plates up there, I may order two more rod holders later to put on the back deck, i can't wait for the weather to cool off & the crappie to bunch up in the channels so we can start spider rigging :D
    SeaArk Stealth 186 w/ 115 Mercury Optimax & 21p Powertech prop.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why wait?

Name:  8-1-10 Grenada 005.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  115.1 KB
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I've been bass fishing a lot here lately...plus it's hitting triple digits & all the crappie fishing I've ever done was in the winter. I'm sure I could figure out the summer time crappie fishing but the bass have been biting too well lately to jump into a learning curve.

Post Thanks / Like

FEELAY them are some hogs. Nice going

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bignate View Post
    Gonna start getting my boat ready for this winter, I ordered two 4 rod hi-teks from Grizzly jig. I'm gonna put both of em on the front deck since I already have three seat pedestal plates up there, I may order two more rod holders later to put on the back deck, i can't wait for the weather to cool off & the crappie to bunch up in the channels so we can start spider rigging :D
    i'd suggest ordering a couple more mounting tracks to place near the back of the boat if you long line or pull crankbaits. they're pretty inexpensive and give you a good bit of flexibility for the money. i've got 6 on my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

That's how i started and crappie are very much like bass ive learned! as for folks that have not fished for the GREEN Carp as some call them ? You can and i have used most tactic's just the same. Down size, search and fine. Swim bait's as well as down sized muskie bait's. I catch most of my crappie off of a down sized wallie bait,but keep it burried deep in my t-box.
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

tried the crappie over at reelfoot Sunday, caught one fish, if the water will drop a little more it'll be time to jig those usually underwater stumps!! we gave up early and decided to try some cats, after a little searchin' we found 'em and wacked 'em, best catfishin' i've had since march! I have no interest in green carp!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Got em in yesterday, that's was some quick shipping...I felt like a kid at Christmas when i saw that UPS box by the door when i got home from work last night:p I put one of em together & they are definitely well made. My dad had Tite-loks on his old boat & I think I'm gonna like these better. Seemed like on his you were always having to re-tighten the thumb screws, I like that they take a 1/2" wrench to adjust & you can really get 'em tight.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great big N. !! There's alot of folk's that lovem,threw the year's ive have heard alot about em!
    Reel foot yankee

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott has a site that will sell you some knobs if you want to go tool free.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around