Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beware of flying catfish

Post Thanks / Like

Default beware of flying catfish

Thought I might tell my tale of the day. My sons grandpa on the other side asked if he wanted to go crabbing today off the bank of Salt Bayou with throw ropes. We went, caught a bunch of gumbo crabs til some guys gave us some hardhead cats to cut up and the bigger crab started to come. So I'm out...waste deep, checking a line. When I feel a dagger in my back between my shoulder blades. Turns out grandpa decided to throw a catfish head, on a line, from the bank.. Took a minute of yanking by him to get just about an inch n a half out and for the next thirty mins or so I bit my lip.
    So there ya go, beware of flying catfish...heads.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Adam -
    I strongly suggest that if the spine went into you that deeply, you hie your hienie to the doctor ASAP, get the wound flushed if needed, and get yourself shot up with Doxycyclene and Cipro. And if there's any redness around it tomorrow morning, don't wait 'til Monday to get that checked out!
    The problem isn't especially the poison on the spine but the bugs in the saltwater, and they can get you BAD this time of the year!!!!
    I am not kidding you!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Adam.....If there is ANY sign of redness get you arse to a doctor.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that sucks.. and i agree with the others, keep a close eye on it and watch for infection.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the concern fellas, but this boy aint been to the Dr. in 14 yrs. and don't plan on ever returning. I'm hard headed, half biologist and close friends with a perty nurse...only if Im on my death hammock.
    I've got 3 working fingers @ the present moment on my good hand from work mishaps, other 2 need stitches and such. I firmly believe that you can physically heal most outer wounds with a little mind power and an occasional 12 pack.
    Mr. Gary,
    Where's the fish?

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid if we went now, what we caught would already be boiled.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam -
    Just so you won't take the advice too lightly, vibriosis - bacteria from saltwater that can enter your bloodstream from external wounds, kills around 60 people in the United States every year.
    Take care, cher!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    Adam -
    Just so you won't take the advice too lightly, vibriosis - bacteria from saltwater that can enter your bloodstream from external wounds, kills around 60 people in the United States every year.
    Take care, cher!
    Pete
    I had a hardhead fin deep in my hand b/t the knuckles about 3-4 years ago. cost me 3 days in the hospital. The day after it happened I woke up w/ night sweats and my hand looked like something off of Ripley's believe it or not. Doc said if I hadn't come in I could've had permanent damage to the hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Dem things hurts! I got a sailfin pectoral stuck about 1/4" in my big toe once. I bled like a stuck pig and hollered like a kicked puppy especially when the rubbing alcohol and peroxide came out. Maker's Mark is the best cure.
    The fish are biting somewhere and here I am on the computer again...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NorthShoreTiger View Post
    Dem things hurts! I got a sailfin pectoral stuck about 1/4" in my big toe once. I bled like a stuck pig and hollered like a kicked puppy especially when the rubbing alcohol and peroxide came out. Maker's Mark is the best cure.
    Externally or internally?
    Pete :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast